Complaint Review: MyInfo1.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 26, 2016

• Reported By: Bluesquidboy — Redwood City California United States of America
MyInfo1.com

Myinfo1.com  Car info.com Deceptive billing practice, VIN reports are worthless, complete SCAM Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CS Comment

*Consumer Comment: Scam! Same thing happened to me..

I ordered a VIN report for a vehicle that was advertised as costing $1. I received an emailed invoice for $1 with a link to the VIN report. The report turned out to be pretty lame and not useful, but I figured what should I expect for $1. But then later while checking my credit card charges on line, I discovered I was charged the $1 I had authorized and a separate charge of $19.95 which I did not authorize. When I contacted myinfo1.com customer service, they claimed I signed up for additional service. But I did not, and I also point out, Myinfo1.com sent a receipt for $1 but did not issue a receipt for $19.95, so the only reason I caught them was because I checked my credit card account online and saw the charge had been made. Their customer service claims they will refund my money, I have to wait to see if that happens, but in effect, it still is a deceptive sales practice as I did not sign up for additional services and they did not send any notice of the second charge. The fact crook am artists give the stolen money back when caught does not make it any less a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2012 05:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyInfo1com/internet/Myinfo1comnbsp-Car-infocom-Deceptive-billing-practice-VIN-reports-are-worthless-comp-976842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyInfo1.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CS Comment

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Bluesquidboy,

Our website is myinfo1.com not .co, so I am unsure if you are confused. But if it happens to do with my company please email me at josh@myinfo1.com and I can offer you a refund of our services.

Thanks,

Josh F.
Customer Service Manager

Scam! Same thing happened to me..

AUTHOR: RipoffReportisaScamToo - (USA)

Yes to everything you said.  These guys should be shut down by law enforcement.

Don't be fooled by their phony, paid-for reviews or concilliatory statements.

BTW - You might get a refund - eventually - but only after repeated failed promises by their "chat" customer service.  No other way to contact them.