Complaint Review: MyInfo1.com

• Reported By: Randy — Chatham New York United States of America
MyInfo1.com

myinfo1.com  Scam Internet

*Author of original report: The Scam Continues

*Author of original report: The very definition of a scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: For A Full Refund Email Josh@MyInfo1.com

Similar to other recent reports, on November 27, 2012 I purchased what I understood to be a $1 vehicle history report. However when I checked my bank account 2 hours later I had been charged $19.95! I used myinfo1 on-line chat. The agent (Madge) initially wrote that I had selected the $19.95 option (which as it turns out is really $19.95 for 10 month). I did not chose any option other than ordering a report for $1...and the report was useless to make matters worse. What a scam site! I have emailed my bank's customer service department to see if any further charges can be blocked as I don';t believe the money will be refunded as promised during the chat (I did receive a confirmation number).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyInfo1com/internet/myinfo1com-Scam-Internet-975066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyInfo1.com

The Scam Continues

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)

So, I wrote the customer service manager Josh as offered in this chain of comments. He replied stating my earlier confirmation number and that the charge has been refunded. It is now over a week and there has been no refund. I have been in  contact with my bank and they (my bank) have credited me with the 19.95. Obviously there was no real intent in refunding my money reinforcing that myinfo1 is a scam/bait and switch operation. I note that every day there is another report posted on this site regarding myinfo1.com (and myinfo1.net and myinfo1.org). Lastly I am embarrassed by my stupidity.

The very definition of a scam

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)

This rebuttal is the very definition of a scam. You provide no receipt, let me discover the charge of $19.95 rather than $1 and then say that I purchased it. You say that I purchased the increased amount after I purchased the $1 report.

So now apparently it is my fault. I may be old but I am not stupid except for the fact I did not research you before I purchased the supposed $1 vehicle history report.

The other scam reports I read reflect exactly the same behavior...add a bogus and unauthorized charge and then blame the victim. Doesn't it seem strange that I thought I had paid $1 and within an hour discovered that I was charged $19.95? Why would anyone purposely do that? They wouldn't. A scam is a scam.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

For A Full Refund Email Josh@MyInfo1.com

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Hello,

If you have not received a refund within 3-5 business days, please email Josh@myinfo1.com or go to our live chat at MyInfo1.com.

I can ensure you that if one of our representatives informed you that your refund was completed, you will see it in 3-5 business days.

We offer a optional upsell after you purchase the original report, which is what you signed up for. We have thousands of customers everyday that purchase our reports and you can see their experiences here: http://www.vehiclehistorylookup.com/comment_page.php

Anyone that requires additional assistance or a refund can contact josh@myinfo1.com for immediate assistance.

Sincerely,