Complaint Review: MyInfo1.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 26, 2016

• Reported By: schezbro — Fort Wayne Indiana United States of America
MyInfo1.com

myinfo1.com  Ripoff, I am waiting to see if I get my money back Internet, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Service Response

I was looking for information about a traffic violation, and was on a local government site. I saw an ad for $1 public records, and stupidly I was desperate enough for the information to click on this. After getting my credit card information, my report came back stating that there were no public records for this person. I was ticked that I didn't get info, but was only out a dollar. Or so I thought.

My husband called to ask if I knew where a $19.95 charge from myinfo1com would have come from, and right away I knew I'd been taken. I went to myinfo1.com, and chose the live chat option and told them my complaint. I took screen shots along the  way, and was told that I all 'subsequent charges' would be dropped. At this point I'm assuming the scheme was to sneakily sign you up for some kind of monthly service at $19.95/mo. I kept to my point and made clear that I did NOT sign up for this service, and that I want to make sure ALL CHARGES to my account will be reversed.
I was assured this would happen, but that it would take up to 3-5 days. It is Friday, and this just happened, so we'll see on Monday or Tuesday if they are as good as their word. Lesson learned, read the fine print, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't be in a hurry and desperate for information on the internet, and DON'T sign up to get $1 records from myinfo1.com. SCAM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyInfo1com/internet/myinfo1comnbsp-Ripoff-I-am-waiting-to-see-if-I-get-my-money-back-Internet-Internet-976211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyInfo1.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Service Response

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear schezbro,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by our company. If you could please email me at josh@myinfo1.com I can refund the charges immediately. Again, please just send me an email and I can get this started for you right away.

Josh F.