- Report: #854825
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: MyLife.com
MyLife.com2128 Wilshire Blvd Box 1008 Santa Monica, CA 90403 Internet United States of America
MyLife.com 1. Search and find anyone on line. 2. Investigate who might be investigating your name online Internet, Internet
*UPDATE Employee: Mylife.com will assist in resolving your complaint
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
For my use of the service, I thought I'd try the service for a month because they provided a one-month only button (approx $11.95 or so). They had another choice of $9.95 per month to be charged at the yearly rate ($9.95 x 12 mos), which was stated in the fine print. When I requested a full refund, the customer service person stated she could not complete the refund without a supervisor approval. they down-graded my year service to three months but would not give the full refund.
As with many online services, they do all they can not to provide the consumer with a refund should you decide not to continue the service. Even in the terms and agreement, it states that they will:
1. cancel your service upon should your request,
2. they will not make any additional charges once your regular charge period is in force
3. However, what they do not state is that they will NOT provide you with a full refund
So, in the final analysis, there's a big gray area when it comes to providing information about a full refund or when trying to get a full refund and not a down grade of service, so as to keep the customer having to payfor the use of service for more than a month at a time.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyLifecom/internet/MyLifecom-1-Search-and-find-anyone-on-line-2-Investigate-who-might-be-investigating-y-854825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.