Complaint Review: MyPerfectResume

MyPerfectResume
Internet USA

MyPerfectResume Scamming the desperate Internet

*Author of original report: Got Refund

I found this website via google. I was looking for a free website that would allow me to create a proffesional looking resume. I choose this one because it advertised a free resume all over the page. I guess it's true they did allow me to create a free resume. After over two hours of creating my resume I had an ok looking resume but then discovered that I had to pay 3.95 for a 7 day trial if I wanted to be able to do anything at all with it. Resumes are faily usless if you can't actually get them to potential employers. So I decided to pay the 4 bucks and download my resume. Unfortunatley I failed to cancel withing the 7 days and I was hit with a $40 charge. This website is COMPLETELY useless after you create your resume. all the subscription does is let you continue to edit your resume via their software. I have no desire to ever use their software again as it sucks. They have to sell their subscriptions in the underhanded manner because there is no way that anyone in thier right minds would pay that exhorbitent amount for the crappy service. What really gets me is that they are preying on the desperate who cannot afford to have this money practically stolen from them. I am unemployed which is why I was trying to create a resume. I have very little money to begin with and now I have even less because I fell into their trap. I tried contacting Customer Service hoping to get my money back since I had not even logged onto my account since I opened it except to cancel and they sent me back a form letter that stated that the auto renew on my account had been canceled not even aknowledgeing my request. To sum it up they are a terrible company preying on those who are already short on money and they have terrible customer service to boot.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyPerfectResume/internet/MyPerfectResume-Scamming-the-desperate-Internet-1085069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyPerfectResume

Got Refund

AUTHOR: Hush42 - ()

After the original reply from my inquiry about getting a refund (all they said was that they'd cancel the auto renew part of my account) I did not hear a peep from them. Today though I did get an e-mail that said that I was being refunded 25 dollars. Which is better than nothing which is what I thought I'd get. I still think that they are using peoples's desparation but at least they refunded my money.