Complaint Review: MyPlay Direct

• Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: Jon — Chicago Illinois
MyPlay Direct
Internet USA

MyPlay Direct Placed an order for a vinyl record which never arrived, over a month, still no resolution or refund. Internet

I ordered a vinyl record off of a bands website directly, thinking this would benefit the artist more.

The company handling the order was Myplay Direct, an online music store. The order never arrived after a month, when it was said to be in stock and ships within 2-3 days. No contact was made by customer service or any automated message telling me about it being out of stock.

After multiple emails to the only contact address for Myplay I was finally asked if I wanted to cancel my order for a refund as they have no idea when my product would be available and when I would get it. The customer service provided no explanation for what or why I could not receive the record. If it is out of stock or out of print, I would accept that answer, but they never said so. You think they would be able to find out since they distribute the music.

As of now i was told I would receive a refund which I have not. The confirmation email was simply a resent link to my original purchase order. I will file a complaint with the BBB and notify my bank shortly. It was only a $20, but it is the principle of the matter. No wonder the music industry is dead.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyPlay-Direct/internet/MyPlay-Direct-Placed-an-order-for-a-vinyl-record-which-never-arrived-over-a-month-still-1088579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyPlay Direct