Complaint Review: MyPlay Direct

• Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: customerservice101 — Los Angeles California
MyPlay Direct
550 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022 Internet USA

MyPlay Direct Repeatedly failled to deliver and follow-through. Won a chargeback, then charged again. New York Internet

For a summary of the repeated issues.

April 3 - Ordered a pre-release record package from MyPlay Direct.
April 12 - MyPlayDirect email stating manufacturing delays stating that the package would ship on or before April 22, but MyPlayDirect would send digital download link April 16th.
April 17 - I had to contact MyPlayDirect April 17th to obtain digital download code even though MyPlayDirect insisted they would send on release date - April 16.
April 24 - Package shipped, 2 days later than previously stated and 8 days after the release date
April 30 - Package received, 14 days after release date in terrible condition due to poor packing
April 30 - I sent an email with multiple photographs sent to show poor condition of package.
May 1 - follow-up email requesting assistance.
May 2 - third email requesting assistance and mention of filing a report with my credit card company.
May 3 - MyPlayDirect response stating that a new package would be sent out, and I did not need to return the original shipment.
May 3 - I respond requesting when the replacements will be sent
May 3 - MyPlayDirect response with an RMA#
May 3 - Mixed message, I confirm as to whether or not I need to return items or not
May 4 - MyPlayDirect confirmed that a new package is being sent out
May 4 - MyPlayDirect confirmed that I do not need to sent the other package back, along with getting back to me when the shipment ID is available.
May 4 - I reply with a thank you and looking forward to receiving the package.
May 4 - MyPlayDirect response of "you're welcome" "let us know if you have other questions
May 8 -  Request update regarding this issue.
May 8 - MyPlayDirect response still waiting for confirmation, etc.
May 13 - Still no response or update so I request the replacement package or a refund.
May 13 - MyPlay responds with "I will let you know by tomorrow if a refund is due to your account."
May 15 - "Tomorrow" came and went and I had to contact them
May 15 - MyPlay Direct responds with "Please expect the refund within a few days on your account."
May 15 - I file a chargeback with my credit card company
May 22 - After filing all appropriate paperwork, the refund appears in my account.
June 4 - The exact same charge appears as a new charge on my credit card.
June 4 - MyPlay offers no assistance.
June 5 - File chargeback again, and cancel the credit card.
June 6 - Ripoff Report, BBB, etc. here we come.

Such comically poor service, customer service, follow-through and outright thievery. It was my understanding that charging someone for an amount that was always granted the dispute was illegal, let alone actually retaining all pertinant credit card information including CCV#? Come on now MyPlay and Sony. This isn't good and a simple canned "dangle the carrot" response is no longer acceptable as it's long since worn out the effectiveness.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyPlay-Direct/internet/MyPlay-Direct-Repeatedly-failled-to-deliver-and-follow-through-Won-a-chargeback-then-c-1056961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyPlay Direct