Complaint Review: MyTeleBill

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 24, 2007

• Reported By:Sumner Iowa
P.o. Box 922 Gilbert, Arizona U.S.A.

MyTeleBill Scam, fraudulent unauthorized phone charges on my bill Ripoff Gilbert Arizona

Here's a copy of my report to the BBB:

A charge for 9.95 showed up on my At&T bill. I called AT&T and they said they could not help me since an undisclosed company billed me for 9.95.

I looked "mytelebill" (it was the name on my billing statement) up on the web and dialed the 1-888-839-5999 number provided on their website.

I was directed by a recording at that number to call 1-800-736-7500. Here I talked to a representative that said I signed up for this 30 days ago on the web by choosing to receive $1000.00 in brand name coupons. I don't remember doing this and I have never received coupons.

This billing resource company, I believe this is the name of the 1-800 number, said they would submit a cancellation to "mytelebill" but I would still have to pay 9.95.

It was hard to talk to the rep at the 1-800 number since they were experiencing problems with their connection. The phone would cut out in the middle of a sentence.

This is a big scam!

Sumner, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2007 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyTeleBill/Gilbert-Arizona-85299/MyTeleBill-Scam-fraudulent-unauthorized-phone-charges-on-my-bill-Ripoff-Gilbert-Arizona-270020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyTeleBill