Complaint Review: Mydv - Mydv.co.uk

• Submitted: Fri, December 16, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 22, 2005

• Reported By:Northants Europe
Mydv - Mydv.co.uk
Mydv.co.uk , Massachusetts U.S.A.

*Author of original report: Mydv - Mydv.co.uk ripoff dishonest fraudulent, Don't buy from them!! Massachusetts

I placed an order on mydv website. I tried to find out when my order would be delivered. I tried phoning the number on the wesite it was either turned on to receive fax's or the voice box was full. Next I tried the CONtact us form, no anwser, last of all I tried the web chat.

First time I was told that my order was being dealt with and they could't tell me when it would be dispatched, so I tried again and asked if they had the product I ordered in stock, funny enough they had it is stock. By this time it was 5 days in to my order. ALARM bell were ring.

I search the internet and found this site. How gutted was I. I check my credit card statement and noticed that the money had been taken out. Unlike others they had taken the correct amount for the purchase in sterling (not in US $)

ADVICE
I have managed to talk to someone using the number on the website but you have to ring before 8am. You have to be persistant that you want to cancel you order and want a refund. DON'T GIVE IN. eventually I was told that my order was cancelled and that I would receive an email in 24-48 hour (ha) and a refund in 7 - 10 days (I believe it when I see it).

If you have used your credit card, you have a good chance of getting a refund. I contacted my credit card company and adviced them what had happened. They told me that if you don't get a refund or the goods in 30 days they are in breach of contract and the credit card company can get your money back from the bank that the money was paid into.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Steve
Northants
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2005 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mydv-Mydvcouk/Massachusetts/Mydv-Mydvcouk-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-Dont-buy-from-them-Massachusetts-168183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mydv - Mydv.co.uk

AUTHOR: Steve - (United Kingdom)

AMAZING! I've had an email confirming my cancellation today. It only took a week. Persistance has paid off although I'm still not sure if they will refund my money of if my credit card company will have to retreive it.

The best time I found to actually speak to someone on the help line was between 7.30 and 8am.

Had a web chat as I hadn't heard anything. Ask them "how my order was". They replied "it was being dealt with by shipping". I replied "That's strange I canceled my order last week" they then confirmed my order was cancelled. I kept the chat transcript as evidence.

Good luck to everyone trying to get their money back.