Complaint Review: Mygenevawatch.com

• Submitted: Tue, February 23, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 23, 2010

• Reported By: Denise — Orland California United States of America
511 E. Harvard St. Suite #5 Glendale, California United States of America

Mygenevawatch.com to get a watch for $1 plus shipping of $4.95 just for answering a survey that I was directed to after saving rain forest land through Tropicana Orange juice. (didn't see the small print for Terms) Got Glendale, California

After entering code to save the rainforest through Tropican orange juice, I was prompted to voluntarily answer a survey.

If I chose to answer then I would be given a chance to get a Geneva watch for $1 plus $4.95 shipping and handling.

Now Unfortunately, I did not scroll all the way down to see that there were terms and conditions to this watch. I clicked and the deal was done.

A day or 2 later, I received a phone call to verify my mailing address so I could receive my watch. When I asked if there would be any other charges, the person (whose name I did not get,but was from  Butte County) said there would not be any.

Then a couple days later I received a similar call from a different phone # (I checked both before answering my phone to see the orginating area, both were in surrounding counties other than my own.) This time a woman (from Yolo County) wanted to verify the same information. I told her I already verified this with the last person who called. I had to talk to her for a couple minutes before I convinced her I was not interested in her deal before I could hang up.

The watch arrives and it is nice looking, but the watch face is NOT pink as in the picture, and it's a little too big. I could take it somewhere to have it adjusted or give it to one of my daughters, since I usually don't wear watches-cell phones have clocks.

So I'm thinking all is well; but I get my credit card bill with a charge for $88.99!! from GEW*MyGenevaWatch 877 872 9911 CA and I was so Mad!

So I called the phone # listed and they told me that when I signed up it said that the watch had to be returned within 15 days of this order otherwise I would be billed, because it was only a trial order. I'm too late for that!

I asked to speak to a supervisor, and the guy said he was a supervisor and that I would have to contact customer support. I looked up the customer support but all I got was someone else's web site, and other complaints about this. So I gave up for that day and tried a few days later.

I found their info and went to the cancel page, but all it had were 3 spaces for name, email and a space to click cancel; no name no nothing else and I was afraid to click in case it would erase all info on me and then they may say they don't have any records.

So I am here to submit my report then call them and let them know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2010 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mygenevawatchcom/Glendale-California-91205/Mygenevawatchcom-to-get-a-watch-for-1-plus-shipping-of-495-just-for-answering-a-surve-573795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mygenevawatch.com