Complaint Review: Mygenevawatch.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 03, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 03, 2010

• Reported By: Robert S Reese — Morrisville North Carolina United States of America
Mygenevawatch.com
support@mygenevawatch.com Internet, California United States of America

Mygenevawatch.com Steven Johnson While on facebook, a pop-up survey requested me to complete a simple survey, to receive a free watch. Internet, California

While on Facebook, I was interrupted several times with pop-up survey requests, offering a free watch for participating in the survey. Upon completion of the survey, I was informed I could select my "free" watch and that I would be charged only for a $1.00 service fee and a $4.99 shipping charge. Against my better judgement, I selected a watch for my wife (the ladies edition). Approximately two weeks later, January 31, I received a watch that appeared to be a Rolex "knock-off", and not so surprisingly, appeared to be a cheap knock-off at that. Thinking I had been had only for the postage I paid no more attention to the matter, until February 1st, when my wife noticed that our bank account had been hit for $1.00, $4.99, $3.00, $3.00 and $88.99 on January 17, 2010. The bank statement listed a telephone number for the merchant, which I immediately called. The response from one Steven or Stephen Johnson was to make every effort to dissassociate himself with My Geneva Watch Company, and insisteing that the records showed I ordered a watch "for a trial period"..."terms and conditions of which were covered in the order form". He also quoted chapter and verse of the website that only after numerous selections (clicks) would reveal that RM's would not be issued by "Return to Sender" refusal of merchandise and secondly, that "all merchandise had to be returned within 14 days in not satisfied...". I requested numerous times the name of Mr. Johnson's company, the address of his company, the name of his supervisor, and the name of the person who signed his paycheck. Mr. Johnson, despite my repeated requests, refused to provide me with any specific information, saying only that his company handled My Geneva Watch Company orders.

I stated flatly that 1) I had not ordered a watch for a trial period, or for sale;

2) I stated that I had responded to a survey offering a free watch, and had placed no order, rather I had made only a selection when it was offered for no charge other than shipping;

3) I demanded that my money be returned and a return authorization  number be issued to return the unwanted watch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2010 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mygenevawatchcom/Internet-California-/Mygenevawatchcom-Steven-Johnson-While-on-facebook-a-pop-up-survey-requested-me-to-comple-564090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mygenevawatch.com