Complaint Review: Myinks.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 01, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, February 01, 2006

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Myinks.com
5900 San Fernando Road Glendale, California U.S.A.

Myinks.com ripoff Bogus charges 3 months after cancelling order Glendale California

I placed an order with what I thought was a reputable company called MyInks.com in Oct. of 2005. After a week went by, I looked to see the status of the order and found it to be mysteriously cancelled for no reason. Having no debit charged to my Mastercard, I forgot about it and went on with my life. Well, come January 22, 2006 I get a charge on that Mastercard for $79.65 plus a $1.00 processing fee that my debit card charges me for everything but the kicker was that I only had about $8.00 in the account at the time and it put me into overdraft. Thats a $25.00 charge ontop off all the other B.S. Total loss equals -$105.65 I immediately looked up their customer service email and sent them an email asking what the h**l was going on, why was I charged this fee? No answer, I called their customer service number which is always busy, it takes at least 3 tries to get a live person. You wait for 10 minutes and then a recording comes on and tells you to leave a message. Don't bother, you won't get a call back. When I finally got through to someone 3 days later, they told me that they had a "glitch" in their system that had billed many people with cancelled orders and that they had issued refunds. Well, its the 2nd of February and I'm still waiting. Their customer service manager, (you cannot speak to anyone higher up, they won't let you past their guard dog Renee) who keeps saying that the refund has been issued, you just have to wait and too bad about the overdraft, you either verify everything, (yeah, like I had the chance to authorize the charges) or your out of luck. You get the run around here like no other place I ever seen. They have a canned answer for every suggestion you make. No offers of coupons, incentives, nothing for your trouble at all, just wait til they VERIFY you have lost money, think about it for a month and maybe, if all goes well, you might get what they feel like GIVING you back, if anything at all. My experience has been one of being treated as if I'm trying to steal THEIR money, I was told point blank "We can't just give you money!!!", by the customer service manager, after demanding a refund of all charges to my account. This looks headed for court if ever there was a case. It is in all likelyhood a class action, as their own rep said it happened to a great many people. We'll see how it plays out, for now, I'm still waiting for a cent to come back.

Kevin
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2006 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Myinkscom/Glendale-California-91202/Myinkscom-ripoff-Bogus-charges-3-months-after-cancelling-order-Glendale-California-174340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Myinks.com