Complaint Review: Mylife.com

• Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: Dick — Orange California United States of America
Mylife.com

Mylife.com Reunion-Search Internet Fraud, Internet

I was reviewing my credit card statement and discovered a charge for $83.40.  I called the number listed on my statement for MYLIFE Reunion-search and asked about the charge.  The gal on the phone told me that it was an automatic renewal for a 1-year account.  I told her that I never signed up for the service in the first place.  I asked her for a credit and she said that the best thing she could do is give me a one-month charge for $9.00 and change.  I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor and got another gal that said she would give me the entire credit and delete my account.  I asked her to research the account and see if I ever used the service and she replied that I did not.

I said "if I never used your service, why not give me a credit for whatever they charged me a year ago".  She replied that I could not be done.  I asked to speak to the CEO and she replied that she was instructed not to transfer any caller to him (her).  I asked for his name and phone number and she replied that she was not allowed to give such information. I remember trying to research a person about a year ago and somehow the site told me I could do a one-time nominal charge, but actually charged my credit card for a year's subscription with an automatic renewal.  Obviously they are doing something to get your credit card info and then doing an automatic charge every year after that. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2011 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mylifecom/internet/Mylifecom-Reunion-Search-Internet-Fraud-Internet-771419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mylife.com