Complaint Review: Mystery Marketing

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2008

• Reported By:wisconsin rapids Wisconsin
Mystery Marketing
300 South Garfield Ave Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Mystery Marketing, Canadian based scam Sioux Falls, Sugarland Texas, Ottawa,Canada South Dakota

I got a letter in the mail with a check for $3,594.00 to do secret shop for these people.3000.00 I had to wire through western union,144.00 was fee to wire. The balance I was to use at Walmart,Kmart, Macy's or Pennys to shop. I had an evaluation form to fill out and fax back. they said in the future I would make 600.00 per week and more if this whole thing went well.

I called the bank the check was issued from and it was on a closed account. The account was from a company that owned a couple fast food resturants in texas.They did not know about this at all. The envelope all this came in was from Ottawa,On. The bank said there was really nothing they could do,they could not go over the border to persue them.

Please beware,this IS a scam.I had to wonder when they sent me a check in the mail without ever contacting me prior to this.The bank I called told me if I put it in my bank and used any money out of it before it cleared (he said most banks would release up to $150.00) I would be resposible for any fees when it bounced.

Gram
wisconsin rapids, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2008 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mystery-Marketing/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57104/Mystery-Marketing-Canadian-based-scam-Sioux-Falls-Sugarland-Texas-OttawaCanada-South-D-302934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mystery Marketing