Complaint Review: Mystery Shopper Evaluation Comany

• Submitted: Sun, January 06, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 06, 2013

• Reported By: escrow — San Jose California United States of America
Mystery Shopper Evaluation Comany
721 West Water Street N. Baltimore, Ohio 45872 Whittier, California United States of America

Mystery Shopper Evaluation Comany consicensupport1@me.com, Will Costin, Mrs. Wondar Thorman, Charles Eichar PlyOne Corp., Moneyline Escrow Inc, East West Bank escrow I responded to email ad for mystery shopper. over a month later got text message 1/3/13 telling me I "the check for my first assignment will get out to me this week or early next week. Whittier, California

*Consumer Comment: It's a well known old scam...

received text saying the check for my first assignment would be there this week from Mystery Shopper. I got an Urgent overnight FedEx pack with a check for $2250.89 and no instruction or explanation. It didn't say anything about mystery shopper anywhere. I had just refinanced my home in Nov. 2012 and thought it was an escrow overpayment.

I text back and forth asking for information but was told it would come via email and a package in the mail soon. I called the number on the packing slip, I responded to the email and sent text messages but only got asked did I cash the check.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mystery-Shopper-Evaluation-Comany/Whittier-California-906005/Mystery-Shopper-Evaluation-Comany-consicensupport1mecom-Will-Costin-Mrs-Wondar-Thorma-992192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mystery Shopper Evaluation Comany

It's a well known old scam...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

The check is no good and when you deposit it, they'll give you instructions to send a large amount of it to someone via Western Union or Money Pak.

Your bank will later, advise you the check bounced and you're on the hook for the entire amount.

The method they have you send the money insures it can't be traced...DON'T do it.