thousands

Complaint Review: Mystery Shopper Providers Association (MSPA)

• Submitted: Mon, March 12, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: Lex — Texas United States of America
Mystery Shopper Providers Association (MSPA)
402 Wassey Road, Manila, Phillippines Internet United States of America

Mystery Shopper Providers Association ,MSPA, Secret Shopper Instructor Officer, M.S.P.A. using Mystery Shoppers is a scam, they are based in Manilla, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I received this in the mail as well

*General Comment: Thank you

This company sent me 1 Cashier's Check in the amt of $2850.00 for me to receive $200 as a mystery shopper and send the rest to an address they list as another Mystery Shopper in the Philippines.  I am to cash the check at my bank (right) and my assignment is to evaluate a Western Union location.  Send the remainder $2650 to this other person.
The check came with a printed letter with the instructions and this name and number; James Giles 323-375-7061.
The USPS ExpressMail had a click-n-ship label from Kristen Pate, 516 Lupine Ct., Benicia, CA 94510-3723 and the check is from First Financial Bank in Abilene, Tx.
Of course I am not doing anything with the check.
They got my information from either my Monster or CareerBuilders resume.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2012 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mystery-Shopper-Providers-Association-MSPA/internet/Mystery-Shopper-Providers-Association-MSPA-Secret-Shopper-Instructor-Officer-MSPA-852652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mystery Shopper Providers Association (MSPA)

I received this in the mail as well

AUTHOR: Asina - (United States of America)

I received this today as well...identical to yours. I was going to do it though because I'm not using any of my money, how could it be a scam? He told me to cash the check and keep $200 not to take out any of my own funds.
This is where I become confused as to how I would be scammed. Please help me and others who may become victim to these UPS deliveries.

#2 General Comment

AUTHOR: CbSiteSecurity - (United States of America)

Hello

Thank you for helping spread a word of caution about these types of scams! Based on the information listed within your original post, the message in question does appear to be a payment processing scam. We recommend such messages be disregarded and any current or future correspondence attempts related to the message be ignored.

Do you mind forwarding a copy of the email in question to us? We would like to review the emails you've received.

To forward the emails or for more information about Online Fraud, we do offer a Fraud Page for Jobseekers:  http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Info/Fraud.aspx

Thank you.