Complaint Review: Mystery Shopper Providers Association of North America

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Doug — Chapin South Carolina United States of America
Mystery Shopper Providers Association of North America

Mystery Shopper Providers Association of North America This is an association of mystery shoppers that is to grant you either a silver or gold certification/or both after you pay them. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good Experience with MSPA

When I became a mystery shopper I read that I should become certified by the MSPA, or mystery shopper providers association of north america. There is a choice of Silver or Gold certification. You first must become a Silver certified before you can become a Gold cetified shopper.  To become a Silver certified shopper you must purchase the test. The cost for this test is $15.00.

I purchased the Silver certification course and passed. I received an email with my certification code. Every mystery shopping company that I contract to does not recognize my certification. I contacted MSPA and they said it was because they have changed internet system provider.

So I applied to become a Gold certified mystery shopper. I paid $75.00 for this test. I was sent two DVDs which was the recorded workshop for this test. After I watched this DVD, I was to access the test. I did access the test which was 50 questions. Halfway through the test I received this weird message, and lost contact with the test. After many emails, I sent MSPA a copy of the message I received. They replied it must be a virus and they had it fixed.

They give you 3 times to pass the test.  I went through the test the first time, and they said it would be scored by an official of MSPA and I would get the results in 2 or 3 days. But as soon as I finished the test, it told me I had failed. So I took it again. Again, it told me I failed. Again, 3rd time, I failed.

OK, I know something is wrong, not that I am so smart that I can't fail, but things are not adding up. So it let me continue to take the test, even after 3 tries. So I answered the test questions, (50) with the same answers, and it gave me a different number missed each time. I sent them an email explaining all this, but they will not reply to me.

Bottom line, the Silver certification is not recognized, and the Gold test leaves you out of $90.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mystery-Shopper-Providers-Association-of-North-America/internet/Mystery-Shopper-Providers-Association-of-North-America-This-is-an-association-of-mystery-1012517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mystery Shopper Providers Association of North America

Good Experience with MSPA

AUTHOR: lrford1971 - (United States of America)

I am surprised to hear this story as a Silver Certified MSPA shopper since 2003 myself. I voluntarily registered and took the Silver Certification for $15, but I was not told at any point it was mandatory. My silver certificate has been accepted by every mystery shopping company I registered with, which is about 20 companies, although not all of them give preference to Silver or Gold MSPA Certification. I also work for a mystery shopping company, and I have not been made aware of any issues with our system accepting MSPA certificate #s from shoppers. I have no experience with Gold Certification, but my experience with MSPA has been good.