Avenue

• Reported By:PHOENIX Arizona
Mystery Shopper
300 W.57th Street New York New York. 10019 WINDSOR, Ontario Canada

Mystery Shopper RIPPED ME OFF FOR $3,950.OO WINDSOR Ontario

I was sent a check for $3,950.00. I called the company and was told to deposit the check and wait for it to clear in 24 hrs. I did this. As part of this "training" I was to withdraw $3,550.00 and spend $100.00 at Wal-Mart, then buy a money gram from the same Wal-mart and send it to an address they gave me in Canada. I was then to go to another Moneygram location and send a Moneygram for $850.00 to another person in Canada. I was to keep the remaining $300.00 as my "pay" for being a secret shopper. I deposited the money and the next day I withdrew $3.500.50 and sent it to the names I was given. Several days later I found that the check had been rejected and I now owed the bank approximately $3, 900.00. When I contacted the co. they said it had to be some kind of mistake and they would send $4000.00 to me to cover my losses. That is the last I heard from them. After repeated calls all day with nothing but stalling tactics by them, we started searching the web and found that this is a scam going on all over the country and has been going for a long time. I am reporting them to a lot of agencies but maybe most important, to Homeland Security. All moneygrams it seems are sent out of the US and I think this is a way of funneling money to fund terrorists. If anyone out there receives a check from these people, make a copy of the check, void it and send it back. The banks involved with this have to know what these people are doing and willingly participate in it. Not only should Homeland Security be notified but the FBI, the Attorney General of your state you receive the letter in, the powers that be in Ontario, Internet Fraud and anybody else you can think of to stop these people. This loss will probably cause us to lose our house and home. This, because these people take great joy in stealing from people or they are sending the money to terrorists in other countries to help them kill as many people as they can.

Rod Johnson
PHOENIX, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 10:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mystery-Shopper/WINDSOR-Ontario-N9R-2Y5/Mystery-Shopper-RIPPED-ME-OFF-FOR-3950OO-WINDSOR-Ontario-343923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mystery Shopper