Complaint Review: Mystery Shopper

• Updated: Wed, May 17, 2006

• Reported By:Beason Illinois
Mystery Shopper
Nationwide U.S.A.

Mystery Shopper Ripoff took $99.95 and told me the price for the job oppurtunity was only going to be 19.95 Work at home Scam Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Mystery Shopper USA Scam? I think not.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Is this the same as Mystery Shoppers USA?

Mystery Shopper was offering a job opportunity so I called and gave them my bank account # which was a terrible mistake but I thought they were honest because I had seen their add before but was working at the time so I didn't need a job. When I applied they told me that it would cost me $19.95 for the training and information for the job so I trusted them and they took $99.95 out of our bank account and we had gone on a trip and when we contacted our bank our money was gone and we even had to charge $2.00 for gas at an out of state gas station.

I don't know what we would have done if that lady would not have helped us. Thank God there are some honest and good people out there to help and not hinder. I am again upset at this action. It seems that 2004 has been a bad year for fraud. I am begging for my money back and I have no way to contact them. I will be looking at our newpaper closely in order to find these crooks.

Cheryl
Beason, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2004 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mystery-Shopper/nationwide/Mystery-Shopper-Ripoff-took-9995-and-told-me-the-price-for-the-job-oppurtunity-was-only-103206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mystery Shopper

Mystery Shopper USA Scam? I think not.

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

First thing you have to know about mystery shopping companies is that you NEVER EVER GIVE THEM MONEY! Unless its a silver and gold certification program. Next time, if a mystery shopping website asks for money, dont give them anything. None of the (legit) websites or agencies ask for money.

Next time check with the BBB or check out other websites.

I have recently started with Mystery Shopper USA and they have never asked me for money.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Is this the same as Mystery Shoppers USA?

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Is this the same as Mystery Shoppers USA? Their address is PO Box 51488 Ontario, CA 91761.