Complaint Review: NAA And Ed Orell

• Submitted: Thu, October 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:South Florida
NAA And Ed Orell
www.naaorell.com Lake Worth, Florida U.S.A.

NAA And Ed Orell Do NOT Get involved with Ed Orell and NAA Lake Worth Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Irony...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: And the point?

*Author of original report: Love your comment Jack

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: "What goes around comes around"

Ed Orell will build your trust in him and then do everything to better his position and abuse your faith in all of mankind. He will steal your down line agents and take your commissions.

I started with NAA in Apr '07 and very rapidly moved up the ranks being a top personal producer and was Promoted to Agency Manager in Nov '07. According to Old Mutual I personally placed more than 400 life policies over the course of my first year.

I made $85,000 in 2007 but spent nearly $120,000 on leads and travel expenses to run those leads. When I brought this up to Ed he just said "that it was a new business and you are supposed to lose money in the first year". I kept working..

By July of this year I had made right at $85,000 but again I had spent more than I made trying to run very expensive leads that were more than 1200 miles from my home. Finally, in July, I had to throw in the towel. My credit cards were maxed and I could no longer afford the trips that seemed to create great revenue but no net profits.

I still had a few agents working for me that seemed to be doing ok as they weren't having to travel to run the leads. But over time they started dropping off and by September I only had one guy left. During the National Convention Ed took my last guy from me. Re coded all of his business to him and then canceled my contracts with all of the carriers and to ad insult to injury froze my commissions.

Ed will use you and abuse you, the whole while leading you to believe that you need to do all these crazy thing to be successful. All these things make money for end but will put you and your family in the poor house.

STAY AWAY FROM ED ORELL!

Naa agency manager
South, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2008 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NAA-And-Ed-Orell/Lake-Worth-Florida/NAA-And-Ed-Orell-Do-NOT-Get-involved-with-Ed-Orell-and-NAA-Lake-Worth-Florida-386460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NAA And Ed Orell

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Irony...

AUTHOR: ML - (U.S.A.)

Some people get screwed by NAA and quit the business. Others stay in Insurace, and succeed elsewhere. Yes the way Jack and his lovely girlfriend were treated by Ed was surely less than professional. Kind of how you would fire people at a Greek diner. I can see Ed screaming "cheeesburie!!cheesburie! Chip! Coke".

I was downline to Jack and was brutal in my criticism of how he dealt with things. It's clearly the way Ed & NAA wanted him to behave, and I see that now. Tom, you may want to call Jack for a position with his IMO. Yes HIS IMO. He did enough business at NAA to get appointed with great carriers and is probably doing better in NET terms than Ed. Plus he doesn't have to make people do crazy things to succeed. They just have to work.

If you did such production at NAA imagine not getting buried in lead overrides...

Keep coming back to the site. More on Ed Orell and NAA to come.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

And the point?

AUTHOR: Tj - (U.S.A.)

I'm new to the club, and am just trying to figure out the point of these rebuttals? One person was done wrong, the other then gets him confused with who did the posting, to which the last person responds with Ed having a "new favorite", and that he has someone on payroll???? Who cares??!?!? It's amazing that you crazies even have the time to imagine up such wild scenarios and then try to attack peoples credibility while they're probably out trying to make a living......hopefully this year goes better for you guys so you can spend less time bloggin about your misfortunes. Good luck!

Love your comment Jack

AUTHOR: Naa Agency Manager - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately Jack Stewart didn't write the above but I guess he would want to now that Ilene Luben has become Ed's favorite.

Haven't heard from Jack in a while and he hasn't been on the leaderboards for a while. So he is probably getting his...

He would have been broke long ago had he and his girlfriend not been on Ed's payroll!

Ed will get his soon enough as Andy Albright's ego has gone way out of control and the demise of NAA is soon to come....

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

"What goes around comes around"

AUTHOR: Jack - (U.S.A.)

To: Jack Stewart
From: J.V.
Subj: Suck it up, "What goes around comes around"

Altough I find your comments amazingly ironic, I'm not surprised. Ass you know, when you were my upline, Jan 08' to approx. June of 08,' you were just as guilty of dealing with me in the same deceptive and dishonest manner as you say Ed treated you. And, in the end, as you also recall, because I no longer wanted to work with you, I managed to get reassigned to NAA direct, (home office base shop).

Ultimately, in this final chapter of doing business with NAA direct, my eyes were completely opened to the fact that the "core leadership" at NAA is the guiding force behind creating and setting the stage for it's corrupt corporate culture, and for creating an enterprise that is designed to benefit just a few.

And because of these facts guys like you and Ed are free to arrogantly abuse your influence and authority, for your own selfish gain. And, because "Birds of a feather flock togehter" guys like you have a lot in common with the the NAA's of the world.

Around Aug. of 08' I finally resigned.

BOTTOM LINE:

Because "There is no honor among thieves," and because "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" you should take your medicine like a man Jack, and stop whining, "You've reaped what you've sown."

In the end, your mentor and idle, "Mr. Ed, took advantage of your inexperience in life, your blind ambition, your greed factor, and the naivete and vulnerability that comes with youth. And, when he was done with you he tossed you aside.

And because "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil," that's how these type of situations always work out.