Complaint Review: NAA National Agents Alliance

• Submitted: Fri, October 04, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: NAA National Agents Alliance Mesa, AZ Complete Scam to Customers and Agents — Mesa Arizona
NAA National Agents Alliance
1214 Turrentine Street Burlington, NC 27215 Mesa, Arizona USA

NAA National Agents Alliance Complete Scam to Agents and Clients Mesa Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: NAA wasnt a scam for us!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Multi Level Marketing + Insurance causes this problem and many others

*General Comment: Can't stay quiet any longer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Run Run RUn

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Been there done that, but better off for leaving

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Class Action Lawsuit

NAA is a complete scam.  I contracted with NAA in March of 2013, in Mesa, Arizona without doing as much research as I should have.  To start with the leads are completely outrageously priced, and they have been worked by agents multiple times.  In addition they steal all agents residuals for themselves,  millions of dollars every year.  They pay no residuals like every other company.

The products themselves are complete scams.  Their main business is selling life insurance to people in their sixties, seventies, and eighties.  People that they see as the most vulnerable and easy to coerce and scam.  What makes it a complete scam is that they call it "mortgage protection".  People are thinking that they are going to protect their home mortgage.  They definetly are not.  If they are lucky they will  be able to make one years worth of mortgage payments for $300 plus a month premium  when their loved on dies.  I have also heard that it is almost impossible to collect on this life insurance.  I couldn't ethically scam old people out of their money totally misleading them the whole way.   I can't believe this is legal.  They are really committing FRAUD.

I should have been aware earlier of what a scam NAA is operating.  When you go to a meeting they don't talk about their products or scams.  They exclusively talk motivational strategies and fly somebody in from the east coast to talk about how much money they make.  This company exagerrates the success of their agents like I have never seen before.  They can't show you an agents in your area (Arizona) that make money they get people on the phone from Ohio, or Connecticut to impress you.  What a complete scam.

To make a bad situation even worse they don't ever let their agents out of their contracts like every other insurance company.  Once they sucker you in you can never get out.   I have to wait two years to be able to work again fully.  PLEASE DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS AS AN AGENT OR A CUSTOMER.  YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.  THIS IS BUY FAR THE WORST COMPANY. PLEASE HELP GET THIS COMPANY SHUT DOWN.  THEY ARE COMPLETE CRIMINALS  DON'T LET THEM STEAL FROM ANYONE ELSE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2013 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NAA-National-Agents-Alliance/Mesa-Arizona-85206/NAA-National-Agents-Alliance-Complete-Scam-to-Agents-and-Clients-Mesa-Arizona-1089554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NAA National Agents Alliance

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

NAA wasnt a scam for us!

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

The person who wrote this comment about NAA is obviously upset about some things but I can tell you there's over a 90% failure rate of insurance agents because this position isn't for everyone. One of the biggest things I wanted to address is that leaving national agents alliance doesn't hold your license and you you are not considered a captive agent....you can leave anytime you want to go to work for any other company you want....this notion that you are stuck and that they are someway keeping you from pursuing your future endeavors is a bunch of malarkey. I know the owner of the company that is to say I know him as much as anyone knew him that shook his hand and talked with him about achieving success. leads are very expensive to produce and so yes that is pretty much the only expense you have outside of putting gas in your car and your time.

The person that wrote this malicious article against national agent alliance obviously doesn't understand the products of which he specifically mentioned mortgage protection which is life insurance....The great thing about mortgage protection is it never decreases in value versus a mortgage protection policy issued by a bank which is a decreasing term that decreases as your mortgage decreases. when I sold insurance with national agents alliance I spoke with people in their 20s 30s 40s 50s 60s 70s and yes 80s because they were the ones responding to our advertisements and they were usually in a position leading protection in the untimely event of a death. all of our plans were customizable to fit needs and budget and believe me people don't buy it they don't want it.

for insurance company to have a good rating they must pay out their claims unless an application was fraudulent in someway. most agents are full of excuses and have thin skin but I can tell you that I've never deeived so much satisfaction in my life that I have when talking to a family that benefited from making that small investment every month.... some of our families can afford to take out enough insurance to cover the entire mortgage so they would take out enough to cover a year or two of mortgage payments which is a huge help when the breadwinner is deceased and the kids don't have to move to a different school district because dad's not there to pay the bills anymore… The writer of this article doesn't represent good decent agents with integrity who seek to help people first and profit second.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Multi Level Marketing + Insurance causes this problem and many others

AUTHOR: William Foresman - ()

When you have a system where the company sells the leads to the agents at a low commission level it spells disaster for the agents. In order to build a multi-million dollar income for the top of the pyramid you have to create numerous levels to blow out the agents at the bottom for the benefit of those at the top. Definitely greener opportunities but I learned a lot from NAA on how NOT to treat agents.

#3 General Comment

Can't stay quiet any longer

AUTHOR: I saw it all... - ()

I was associated with this company for many years.  Most of what I read in these reports is accurate.  If you are considering an association with this company, please be very, very careful and READ the contract.  Better yet, pay an attorney to review the contract. Most carriers standard release policy lets you move your contract after 6 months of no production as long as you have no debt...not 2 years.

Ask to see tax returns of anyone who brags about how much money they make.  The income amounts touted are GROSS business income not actual net income or "take home pay".  From my own experience, personal net income was 20-25% of gross business income. So, for the ones that say they make $1,000,000 per year, they are most likely making about $200,000-$250,000 per year.  $200K a year is good money.  Why not use that figure when recruiting?  For those making $100K, figure they net $20K-25K...not so good...but they get a nice ring.

There are lots of great insurance sales opportunities out there.  There are also a lot of spin offs of this company that seem to have the same business model.

I am now part of a very small group now that is focused on simply selling insurance and not trying to recruit thousands of agents. We think a small group of agents actually making and KEEPING money is better than thousands of agents going broke chasing someone else's dream.  Agents who just want to go sell and be left alone like what we are doing.  They won't get rich but they can realistically make $75K with no expenses other than gas for their car to go see the leads we give them at no cost. Oh, and if an agent wants to go somewhere else, we give them a release immediately so they are not out of work.

I'm not trying to recruit anyone here.  I only work with experienced agents and I hand pick the ones I'd like to interview.  Just be very, very careful before you sign a contract...with anyone.  And, whatever you do, do not give anyone access to your bank account to pay for leads!!!

I could go on and on with lots of details but enough others have already done that here.  Pay attention.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Run Run RUn

AUTHOR: It doesnt Matter - ()

Yes, I agree and I think its time to start a Class Action Lawsuit to shut them down, I have an INsurance Fraud INvestiagot that I am working with  that may help... once i figure out how to go about it then I beleive it can happen...they are wrong on so many levels

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Been there done that, but better off for leaving

AUTHOR: EX- NAA - ()

For the fun of it, I like to catch up on Andy Allwrongs stories... I too was there, won a trip to Portugal back in 07 with IOF and was loving NAA. Then I realized that I only netted $30K on a $100k production year, my very first and only year. By the time we had quit and hit the road of independcy we had qualified for the trip and went. It was hilarious, we hung out with 3 other couples who had also walked but wanted to go on vaca, we laughed at Allwrong and his followers. I hated the religion, I hated the lies but Portugal was nice.

So the good news, there are greener pastures, there are better options. WE have been fortunate enough to stay in the business, work in our Ppajamas on the phone exclusively and operate a successful brokerage offering all carriers and products in life, di, and annuities. We did over $150K last year and should exceed $200K this year with expenses less than 10%.

I am happy to chat with any one that want to learn how to be independent and help do whats in a clients best interest by underwriting them and evaluating if they should buy fully underwritten vs simple issue, instead of forcing them into simple issue products like Allwrong pushes.

[email protected]

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: It doesnt Matter - ()

I agree with your outlook, and could add more, but all the messages that are on here are enought to say, can we all have it wrong?  I dont think so!!  Just the ones that wanted to voice concerns.   I have done some research and this could warrant a class action lawsuit, and as I have found other lawsuits thta have been brought to the courts along the lines of this deceptive behavior, the plaintiffs actually won 50 Million against the company.  NAA does need to stopped, many deceptive actions that are detrimental to many people, the consumer and that agents.  I beleive I have enough to get them interested in this case....Stay Tuned