Complaint Review: NACS National Association Credit Services, Preferred Merchants Card

• Submitted: Mon, August 19, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, August 19, 2002

• Reported By:Fort Collins CO
NACS National Association Credit Services, Preferred Merchants Card
P.O. Box 41127 St. Pete, Florida U.S.A.

NACS National Association Credit Services Preferred Merchants Card is a ripoff misrepresentation of product & thievery St Pete Florida

Last week I was contacted about a Credit Card with a fixed apr of 6.9%apr with a $2500.00 limit. Never was it mentioned that this was a card only to be used for purchases from their merchandise catalog. I was told that a kit would be mailed to me to explain everything I would need to get me signed up for this credit card.

Being that I have decent credit, I believed that 6.9%apr was fairly reasonable and sounded like a good deal. The only catch was that there was a one-time fee of $200.00 which would be deducted from my checking account/debit card. This sounded a little scary and I was re-assured over and over by the telemarketer that there was no risk involved and that after payment was received, I would receive the enrollment forms in the mail, followed by my credit card.

After the $200 fee was deducted from my account I received a signature form with request that I send it back in a hurry along with a voided check and also the quoted statement "As an additional free benefit to this program you'll be pleased to know that obtaining and receving a major bank card (Visa - Mastercard) is only a few steps away.) I became very skeptical and contacted the company the next business day.

After being on hold for over an hour with "Voice Message Games", I finally spoke with a "agent". I insisted that my so called "account" be cancelled immediatly, and my bank account refunded the full amount. He replied that he would be happy to cancel the account. While he proceeded to do this, I asked him when I could expect to see the charges reversed on my bank account. He replied that there are absolutly no refunds.

I can go on and on about the many different Scandulous Practices this company is involved in, but there is not enough room for the type. Rest assured that I will not rest untill this company is being investigated seriously, and my HARD EARNED MONEY is BACK IN MY ACCOUNT!

Fort Collins, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2002 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NACS-National-Association-Credit-Services-Preferred-Merchants-Card/St-Pete-Florida-33743/NACS-National-Association-Credit-Services-Preferred-Merchants-Card-is-a-ripoff-misrepresen-27371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NACS National Association Credit Services, Preferred Merchants Card