Complaint Review: NACS, National Association Of Credit Services, PMC Credit, Preffered Merchants Card

• Submitted: Sun, May 18, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, May 18, 2003

• Reported By:Fresno California
8081 38th Avenue N. St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 727-289-0295
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

NACS, National Association Of Credit Services, PMC Credit, Preffered Merchants Card ripoff, took money from account after I cancelled consumer rip-off fraud St Petersburg Florida

On approx. October 2, 2002, I received a call from an operator for PMC Credit (the name they gave at time of call).

He explained to me that I could qualify for this credit card that would help me to improve my credit. He explained to me that they made a good report to credit agencies every time they received a payment, which would make my credit rating go up.

He also said that I would have to agree to a 1 time bank withdrawel of $200.00. I was really leary about that, but he said over and over that I could cancel at anytime and get the money back. So I finally agreed to allow them to take the money two weeks from that date.

Well the day before the withdrawel was supposed to go through I decided I did not want to get the card and I just wanted my money to stay in my account. Well the person I talked to was very rude and said that it was too late. She said once I agree to the withdrawel there was no turning back and they do not give refunds. She said the money was non refundable.

I then asked to speak to a manager who even more rude than the operator and said well you shouldn't have agreed. So I said well then I'll just call my bank and put a stop on it. He said go ahead. He was extremely rude and hung up on me. I made several call over the next couple of days and each time, I was spoken rudely to and hung up on.

I tried to put a stop at the bank but the name they gave me was not the name they used to take the money out. The operator told me that PMC credit would be doing the withdrawel but it was NACS. This caused my account to go into default and checks to bounce.

Recently I noticed additional charges on my account from NACS and each time they caused my account to go into default. I called on May 14, 2003 to find out why they were still charging me when I had told them I wanted to cancel. There response was that it was a charge for me not using the card. I expalined that I had cancelled and they said oh yeah what is the name of the person.

None of the times I called would the person give me a name. Also, the operator explained to me that those charges were only supposed to be done once every 3 months. My statement shows withdrawels on 2/4/03, 04/04/03, & 05/03/03, not even close to 3 months apart. When I spoke to the manager about that, he said next time I'll take $60.00 and laughed. These are the most unprofessional, low-life group of people I have ever dealt with. These people should be put out of business.

Fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2003 10:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NACS-National-Association-Of-Credit-Services-PMC-Credit-Preffered-Merchants-Card/St-Petersburg-Florida-33710-2443/NACS-National-Association-Of-Credit-Services-PMC-Credit-Preffered-Merchants-Card-ripoff-57467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NACS, National Association Of Credit Services, PMC Credit, Preffered Merchants Card