Complaint Review: NACS (aka) World Products(aka) PreferredMerchants

• Submitted: Fri, February 21, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, February 21, 2003

• Reported By:Union Grove North Carolina
NACS (aka) World Products(aka) PreferredMerchants
P O Box 41127 St Pete, Florida U.S.A.

NACS (aka) World Products(aka) PreferredMerchants rip- off & scammed St Pete Florida

This co.called me late one night offering a Visa credit card with a 2500 limit,acceptable @ all places that take Visa,for a 200 upfront charge that could be paid in installments by x date.They withdrew 25 then,& another 175 later.

Several wks later,I had yet to receive any thing so I called & asked for a refund.Was told that that was impossible,I had entered into a contract & would receive my materials shortly.I received 2 merchandise catalogs,a "Preferred Merchants" card,& order forms.There is also specific instructions to pay another 35% down pymt + 7% shipping & i must order a min. of 50.00.

I assume the balance would go on my "Preferrred Merchants" credit card-I could order up to 2500 that way- whoopee-What a credit card! So all in all,I paid them 200.00 for a piece of plastic & 2 wish books & the honor of saying "Gotcha" And boy,they got me good!Please stay away from them!

Shirley
Union Grove, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2003 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NACS-aka-World-Productsaka-PreferredMerchants/St-Pete-Florida-41127-0471/NACS-aka-World-Productsaka-PreferredMerchants-rip-off-scammed-St-Pete-Florida-46358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NACS (aka) World Products(aka) PreferredMerchants