dried

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2003

• Reported By:Arvada Colorado
NACS
P.O. Box 41127 St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

NACS Preferred Merchants lying ripoff tricked us Saint Petersburg Florida

I recieved a call from a man stating that I have been approved for a major credit card with a limit of $3500 to help rebuild my credit. It sounded good so I gave him a shot.

He explained that I would "just" have to pay a one-time $200 fee and my card would arrive in about 4 weeks. I was very skeptical as most people are so I asked him a ton of questions like:

Is this a real credit card that I can use at a real store?
Am I going to get a real card in the mail or a list of credit companies?
Why can't the $200 be charged to the card?
What if I don't have $200?

Well the man made up some pretty good answers to my questions and told me that I can split up the payments. He made up something like they don't charge the fee to the card for my protection so that I wouldn't recieve an activated card in the mail that someone could steal, ect, ect, BS, BS.

Well to make a long story short They charged me $225 for the card and had no records of the drafts. I recieved a card for $2500 instead $3500. It was not a major credit card but some catalog card to purchased a bunch of outdated, garage sale, items.

There are too many complaints on this company. Something needs to be done about this. Unfortunely I came to this site after the damage was done.

Jason
Arvada, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2003 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NACS/St-Petersburg-Florida-33743/NACS-Preferred-Merchants-lying-ripoff-tricked-us-Saint-Petersburg-Florida-57592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NACS