Complaint Review: NACS

• Submitted: Tue, November 12, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, November 26, 2002

• Reported By:Fresno CA
NACS
PO Box 41127, St. Petersburg, Florida St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

NACS aka National Association Credit Services ripoff fraud scam St Petersburg Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Getting your money back

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Also Ripped by NACS

NACS con people into giving out checking account number, withdrawals from account and did not send credit card, no response when calling customer services fraudulent ripoff business .....

On Oct 5, 2002, Saturday, I received a phone call from NACS who identified themselves as from Preferred Merchant. They offered very convincing story about my poor credit and my recent history of being turned down for credit card application. They convinced me that I would be given a second chance and be offered a VISA card of $1,500 credit limit with no secure deposit. The only condition is that they need to deduct $200 from my checking account to verify that I have enough money to pay my bills.

They asked me for a date for them to deduct the amount and I gavehim a date of Oct 11, Friday but the amount of $200 was not deducted until Oct 15. He told me that the sooner I let them withdraw the money, the sooner the check of $200 will be refunded to me with the new credit card in 10-14 days.

As of today (11/12/02) I still have not received any credit card and I have no success in calling the phone number shown on my checking account transaction that reads "NACS - for information, 727-384-4267. Each time I call, it is either a busy tone or I am being put on hold. I have been put on hold for as long as 25 minutes but still have no success in speaking to an agent.

After reading the report posted on the internet, I realized that I have been scammed. I have reported to my bank that this is an unauthorized withdrawal. Can anyone advice me on how can I take action? Can I report to the Florida State Attorney General Office? Can all the victims initiate a class action law suit? How can I do that? I live in California, is there any authority that I can report? Please advice. It is my hard-earned money and I will not rest until I see justice done.

Alan
Fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2002 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NACS/St-Petersburg-Florida-33743/NACS-aka-National-Association-Credit-Services-ripoff-fraud-scam-St-Petersburg-Florida-34980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NACS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Getting your money back

AUTHOR: Robyn - ()

I went to my bank and disputed the withdrawal. The bank refunded me my $200.00 minus a $15.00 stop payment fee. I filed a report with the better business bureau..this company already has a unsat rating due to customer complaints. I contacted the St. Petersburg Police department however I was told this was a civil matter and no criminal violation had been committed...I found the head office number to NACS and complained to them as well..that didn't go over to well as I was re-directed to the customer service which is where I had been calling..

Here is the contact information for Human Resources at NACS - Tom Watts
NACS
39346 US Hwy 19 N
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
727-942-7164

I wanted to file a complaint agains the employees at the customer service line for being treated so rudely. Maybe if enough of us call them they will do something about it.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Also Ripped by NACS

AUTHOR: Linda - ()

I was also told that is was a credit card. I have been trying to get in contact with them for about 2 week. They withdrew 50.00 out of my account. The other 150.00 was withdrawn on the Nov 18. I called to get a refund because I found out it was a merchant card not a credit card. When they call you they tell you it is a credit card. So, of course I was impressed when she told me I was approved for a 1,500 credit limit. So, i called 11/19, I was on hold for 45min. Still no one pick up.

I caled back today, on hold for 28min, no answer. Call back, a guy answered the phone, told me the computer were down I would have to cll in about 20 min. I informed him I have been trying to get in contact with them for a long time, can someone call me. he was very ugly with me and said you will have to call back in 20 min. I want my money back . What can I do? Someone please help