Complaint Review: NACS

• Submitted: Mon, February 17, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, February 17, 2003

• Reported By:Merrillville Indiana
P.O. BOX 41127 St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

NACS ripoff deception St Petersburg Florida

Like all the other reports, I too recieved a call sometime late in December saying that I had been approved for a credit card with a credit limit of up to 2,500. To me this did not seem like a scam because I just recently turned 18 and I have several bills in my name, so I had been recieving credit card offers frequently.

I had been told that the credit card would help me build my credit, they said if I paid my bill on time they would report it to the 3 major credit bureaus every 3 months and that by six months of on-time payments, I would have AAA credit.

They also said that I would have to pay a One-time fee of 200 dollars, but that I would recieve the $200 back in coupons that would go toward the payment of my credit card. I told the man the I did not have the money, but he said they would depit my account until I had enough. I gave them my account number and on January 10, they debited my account for $200 that I did not have! My account was overdrafted, so not only did I have to pay $200, I had to pay the bank an extra $25 for the overdraft.

About a week or so later, I recieved a small letter to sign. In this letter was the first time I learned of a Merchant Card. I immediately sat down and composed a letter frankfully stating that I was not interested in recieving a merchant card, and that if I was not going to recieve a credit card I wanted my money back. I even left contact numbers in the letter. No one contacted me.

About a week ago I recieved my package. 2 Crappy catalogs and a stupid merchant card. I was very upset. I have tried calling the number in the package but have been put on hold several times. What do I do?

Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2003 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NACS/St-Petersburg-Florida-33743/NACS-ripoff-deception-St-Petersburg-Florida-45786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NACS