Complaint Review: NACS

• Submitted: Thu, December 19, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, December 19, 2002

• Reported By:Anaheim California
NACS
WWW.NACSCORP.8M.COM St.Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

NACS aka National Association Card Service fraudulent ripoff business St.Petersburg Florida

Like many others, I too was caught by this scam. A telephone rep called me to tell me that I was already approved for a credit card. I was promised a Mastercard that would help rebuild my credit, all I needed to do was pay $200 up front and I would receive the credit card and $200 certificate to put towards my first bill. I kept asking over and over again if this was a real Mastercard and the rep always responded that it was.

After almost 40 days I got the package, but it was only a catalog ordering card. I called the company several times to tell them that this was not what I was promised only to be rudely hung up on. I finally got online to do a little research. After reading several other Rip-off Reports, I went to by bank in order to file a Affadavit of Fraud. I also filed a BBB complaint. My bank told me that I had just barely made the 60 day limit and that there shouldn't be any problem getting my money back. I called my bank after a few days and was told that they were still looking into it but that my account would be credited the $200.

However, I just found out that my bank is denying the refund since NACS said that I authorized the withdrawal from my account and that it is now past the 60 day limit. I don't know what to do from here. I am not willing to just sit back and let them get away with this and I would really appreciate any advice on where to go from here.

Julie
Anaheim, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2002 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NACS/StPetersburg-Florida-33743/NACS-aka-National-Association-Card-Service-fraudulent-ripoff-business-StPetersburg-Florid-38721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NACS