Complaint Review: NACS/National Association Credit Services

• Submitted: Thu, January 23, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, January 23, 2003

• Reported By:Lanham Maryland
NACS/National Association Credit Services
PO Box 41127 St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

NACS National Association Credit Service dishonest ripoff St Petersbugh Florida

NACS/National Association Credit Services ripoff consumer fraud ripoff deceptive company dishonest ripoffs St. Petersburg Florida ....

I was contacted by this company and was told that I had been approved for a credit card with a $2500 credit limit. I was told that all I had to do was allow them to deduct $200 from my checking account and in return I would receive two $100 certificates to be used towards payments on the account. When I asked what type of credit card it was, I was told that it was a VISA or Mastercard. The next day I went online to research this company (I had a bad feeling-they talked sooooo fast). Once I realized that I was not the only person scammed I immediately had my bank reverse the charges.

After SEVERAL attempts I finally was able to speak with someone at the company. And get this...they told me that they would gladly close my account if I pay a $35 early termination fee and a $25 returned check fee for stopping the payment. I refused. I was then threatened and told that "oh well, the account stays open then and we will report this on your credit report if you don't pay us". I contacted an attorney who told me that if they cause any damage to my credit they would be opening up a whole new set of problems for themselves legally.

So basically I have had my account number changed and I have filed complaints with both the BBB and the FTC. I will continue to monitor my credit report hoping that this all goes away. Frankly, I don't know what to do next.

Michawn
Lanham, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2003 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NACSNational-Association-Credit-Services/St-Petersburg-Florida-33743/NACS-National-Association-Credit-Service-dishonest-ripoff-St-Petersbugh-Florida-42619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NACS/National Association Credit Services