Complaint Review: NADN aka Tax Ready

• Submitted: Fri, June 21, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, June 21, 2002

• Reported By:La Crescent MN
NADN aka Tax Ready
http://www.awayirs.com/ Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

NADN aka Tax Ready ripoff - happened to me too - victimized many consumers Las Vegas Nevada

I first heard about this company over a local radio station. One of the promotions was to be one of the first callers and receive a tax-tips book for free. I did this, and received the book. Fine. I then received a call from an earnest young man trying to sell me a membership.

Normally I do not accept memberships over the phone, but made an exception in this case, (I work in the Customer Service department for a large mail-order catalog, and do occasionally have to make upsells. I sympathized with this young man...).

At the end of the 30 days, I called and canceled my subscription. All would be well except that I was called in the middle of the day by another telemarketer to try to re-instate my membership. I work 3rd shift. I do not want calls during the day.

This telemarketer woke me up, and unfortunately, I was not awake enough to make this person understand I do not want this service anymore. After finding that I was charged for the services, I made numerous phone calls over many months, but was told, in essence, "Tough Luck".

I actually would probably have forgotten this, and chalked it up to getting screwed once again, except that, after almost a year of letting me forget I was taken, I recently received another phone call from NADN. After being asked to hold, I was transferred to someone who asked how I liked my membership. Evidently, my numerous phone calls and letters are not on my file. I explained to this person that I was very unhappy, and would still welcome a refund.

I was told that if he could help me in any other way, I should contact him at his extension.
After the calls and letters I have sent, I am amazed that I would receive a phone call like that. So I started trying to get my money back ... I paid for 2 years, I want my $800 back. I was put off and put on hold, ticked off and put on hold.

Call after call, and the most amazingly rude "Client Care" rep's ... I was finally told that if I faxed in my tax forms (again), they would review them and let me know how much I could save. Then, at that time, if I was still not satisfied, I would receive my refund. I went over this point several times with the agent, but that was it.

Fax, review, decline, refund. Fine. Sent the forms in. When I called 3 weeks later, I was told that only one of the reports had arrived. No reason as to why I was not called, but ... faxed them again. Called to confirm they were received. NADN got them, and told me 10 business days to review. Today is the 11th business day, and when I called them a few minutes ago, I was told it now takes 15 business days. This is completely ridiculous.

If they truly "value" me as a member, they would respect my request for cancellation and refund. They have made it abundantly clear they do not value customer satisfaction over profit. Unfortunately, my service training indicates that when customers are treated with respect, they may not purchase from a company again, but they will give a complimentary and favorable opinion.

Sometimes the customer is right, sometimes not, but in any case, word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool. Are any of the people posting here going to give a favorable review? I think not. I want my money back, no more stalling, no more excuses. Hopefully others who are checking up on this company will see these posts and decline the pleasure of becoming a member of NADN.

La Crescent, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2002 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NADN-aka-Tax-Ready/Las-Vegas-Nevada/NADN-aka-Tax-Ready-ripoff-happened-to-me-too-victimized-many-consumers-Las-Vegas-Nevad-23174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NADN aka Tax Ready