Complaint Review: NAFS, NATION ACTION FINANCIAL SERVICES INC

• Submitted: Mon, April 17, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, April 17, 2006

• Reported By: Massachusetts
NAFS, NATION ACTION FINANCIAL SERVICES INC
165 LAWRENCE BELL DRIVE WILLIAMSVILLE, New York U.S.A.

NAFS, NATION ACTION FINANCIAL SERVICES RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL WILLIAMSVILLE New York

I received several voice messages from this company saying, "this is our last attempt to contact you regarding a very important matter, please call by the end of the day". I never returned the call because no name was given, no indication of what the "matter" was and no company name was given. So, I decided to returned the call today, only to receive a "hello".

The name of the company was not given nor the name of the person who took the call. I only recieved a name after asking. Lisa. She proceeded to tell me that if I did not accept their offer, that it would be noted in my file that I am refusing to pay a debt. At this point, I had no idea what the --- she was talking about. Only after asking what seemed to be a million questions, did she say where this debt came from.

After receiving a repeat statement from Lisa about refusing to accept their offer, and after I asked for the companies name, address and names of other collectors (Kathrine --- and Terry ---), she said that my file will be reviewed by an attorney for the company. I asked Lisa for the name of the attorney and she said "well we have 2 attorneys". I then asked for both of their names, then she put me on hold and a guy by the name of Terry got on the phone.

Terry told me that since I was refusing to accept their offer, my file will be forwarded to a law firm in the city where I live. I asked to speak to one of the attorneys Lisa was telling me about, Terry told me that no attorney from NAFS will talk to the public. I asked why not, Terry told me, "that was not the point, you are refusing to settle, your file will be sent to an attorney". I then asked when will this happen, Terry told me he didn't know, but it was going to be in the near future. I explained to Terry that I have been disputing this matter since the beginning (1995) and that this information has been documented, Terry, then told me that we had nothing further to discuss and hung up the phone.

I of course called the company back and asked to speak to Terry's boss to report how rude he was. I was transferred back to Terry and was told that he was the boss and that he did not want to hear my sob story and that I was avoiding the issue. Terry began raising his voice saying that I don't know how to handle my business, but their was someone who will help me handle it. I told Terry not to speak to me in that manner and that I'm sure his company did not train him to be rude. Terry told me that this was not a customer service business and that the pay check I'm getting was going to be garnished. And of course he hung up again.

I think I have the right to ask about attorneys in their company and I also have the right to know who the real "boss" is. I have never experienced this level of rude and unprofessional behavior from any company. I can not believe that these people can continue to treat people this way. How is it that you call a company and not be able to speak to someone in power? And if "my file" is going to be referred to an attorney, how is it that Terry knows that my pay check will be garnished?

o-boy
, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2006 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NAFS-NATION-ACTION-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-INC/WILLIAMSVILLE-New-York-14221/NAFS-NATION-ACTION-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-RUDE-UNPROFESSIONAL-WILLIAMSVILLE-New-York-187126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NAFS, NATION ACTION FINANCIAL SERVICES INC