Complaint Review: NAFS, Nation Action Financial Services

• Submitted: Mon, April 24, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, May 20, 2007

• Reported By:Arlee Montana
NAFS, Nation Action Financial Services
165 Lawrence Bell Drive Willliamsville, New York U.S.A.

Nation Action Financial Services Circus, Rude, some sort of scam workers, if they were here, no idea what professional curtousy is Willliamsville New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: if you let us.... we can help...

My wife and I started dealing with this company towards the end of March, at which time they told my wife that they were calling to collect a dept per a letter we recieved, which we didn't, so we had no idea who or what they were. Two days later we did recive the letter, at which time I called and set up a pay-off, but told them we were refinancing our home, and it would take some time, but I would try to borrow the money from a friend to make the first of two installments. Once everything was set up they were going to call to let me know if all was ok to go.

Of course I am making this brief otherwise I would have to have it published, LOL. I then talked to 4 thats FOUR other people to arrange this set up, a manager, then his boss and then the ATTORNEY, LOL. I was told that I could send a check, which we told them from day one we didn't have a checking account, thus they told me that we could get one. I said no, they said they would get back to me, and never did.

Then we get several phone calls, harassing us, for a few weeks, and everytime we tried to talk to an individual they would tell us they were coming and the person that answered the phone would then want all the info, I said no we will talk to so and so, the questions never stopped. So after being talked to rudely and interrupted everytime I would try to answer the question, I hung up.
I again contacted them, talking to one of the original people, had everything set up and of course it was, and told them I would contact them after I met with the credit commitee about my financing.

The next Monday, I did so, after almost a month of this circus, and thought finally, I was going to get them out of our hair. I told them that I had been approved, and would make the negotiated payment in full in a week or so. After running my ass off for over a week, getting the legal land status, and where it was located, getting the final payoff amounts, and all the crap I had to do to get just the loan papers filled out, then I am told that they want the agency or finance company I am getting the money from and they would contact them, LMAO, after the rude and very obnoxious way they treated my wife and I, they think I am allowing them to talk to my creditor, NO WAY.

So when I refused that, they told me they didn't believe me and the deal was off, God what a joke. This Circus has messed with me long enough, we are going to put the money in our savings, and when they want to stop playing these silly little kid games, we will pay them off. I admit we got into a jamb a few years ago, but to make this as painful as they have, someone should show up in their office and scare the shit out of them. I have talked to no less than a dozen people since we were first contacted, and not once have they sent the request information to us, such as their e-mail address, so I could send info on the loan, nor who we are suppose to send the money too, nothing, just threats with court, and Attorneys, etc.

After reading the "Fair Dept Collection Practices Act" we have found almost a dozen laws they have broken, from threats to decieptful tactics, we still think they are giving us flase names, Against the Law, and threatening with Attorneys, Against the law, threatening garnishment, Against the Law, to name a few, There are so many letters on here that repeat our exact circumstances, and experiences.

Why is this circus still allowed to treat poeple this way, I would have expected it from other countries, but not country men, of course the bottom line is the all mighty dollar, and when You look into a phone all day, people become faceless objects, not another human, wouldn't it be fun to dig into their perfect lives and call them constantly, telling them how dirty their yards are, or how their lives are a joke and that we could care less about their sob story's, maybe we could attack their families, or call their work and tell them their children are acting out at school, or that our Private Eye has video of their mates cheating on them, LOL, ok I am getting carried away, hard to imagine a group of people as miserable as they are, can make me feel so angry and vengeful, but when they harrass You as they have my wife, who the dept is really against, then I do get angry, and here in Montana when someone acts or causes pain like they have my wife, then we handle it face to face, man to man. Sorry for going off, but they just hung up on me about 30 minutes ago, So I am still worked up,

Sincerely, Montana Boy
Arlee, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2006 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NAFS-Nation-Action-Financial-Services/Willliamsville-New-York-14221/Nation-Action-Financial-Services-Circus-Rude-some-sort-of-scam-workers-if-they-were-her-188381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NAFS, Nation Action Financial Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

if you let us.... we can help...

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

I am an employee of NAFS and have been for almost 2 years now. I would like to first take a moment to explain that we are a debt collection agency. We are not out there to embarrass innocent people. Our goal is to help keep interest rates down by collecting on unpaid debts. We work in a large office with almost 1000 people working there. It is expected that when you have 1000 people doing the same job a few of them are going to be bad seeds. However there is a lot you should all know...
1. We can not offer a debt management company or an attune any settlement that we cant offer you directly. We are allowed to offer a settlement based on a client aggregate regardless of who is asking for it so save your money. No need to pay a settlement company 15% of your total debts up front and a 150$ monthly fee so they can take $4,ooo of your plus over $1,000 to settle a $20,000 acct for $11,000 costing you over $16,000... we could have just given you the same deal for the $11,000. They are the real thieves preying on people who just are afraid to pick up the phone
2. We don't call people who can't pay. The only people who get calls more than once a week are people who judging from their credit reports can pay. Otherwise we wouldn't waste our time.
3.if you call us and inform us of your personal hardships we will do everything in our power to put something together that works for you... if it doesn't work for you it doesn't work for anyone.
4. I am always willing to help with anyone who is having a hard time. I am a single father who has just as much a hard time as anyone else so I can always help anyone who is willing to help themselves. If you are not happy with the treatment you are receiving than ask for extension 2501 and ask for Mr. Binder and I will gladly see to it that any rude collector so reprimanded and that you are treated with the fairness you deserve.
-Mr. Binder x2501
Ps. any of you who work in an office of more than 10 people know that there are always going to be bad eggs in every company, tell me about my bad eggs and I will help you with your debt.