• Report: #220829

• Submitted: Wed, November 15, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, May 20, 2007

• Reported By:burgaw North Carolina
NAFs
165 Lawrence Bell Dr Williamsville, New York U.S.A.

NAFs What JERKS !!! Williamsville New York

*Consumer Comment: re

*UPDATE Employee: call me and i will resolve this for you

*Consumer Suggestion: Stay Off of the Phone!

I received a phone call tonight from some jerk that works for NAFS and he was yelling at my husband to pick up the phone. He was very threatening. There is no need in that. I owe them money for an old account, I have no problem in paying it, as soon as I have the money. I tried to make payment arrangements when I called back and was informed I would need my checking account info to do that...what do they think I am stupid? The first guy was very rude, he told me that my not paying is like having someone build you a shed then not paying them. Does anyone else see the correllation? I sure don't.
They fished for information that is irrelevent to my old debt. Why do they do that? I had to go online to find their address to send them payments. Why not just call and say "Hey you have an old account you owe this much money, let's make payment arrangements." If we had the money we wouldn't have the debt, duh! They really are jerks. It is sad they have to act that way!

Marie
burgaw, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2006 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NAFs/Williamsville-New-York-14221/NAFs-What-JERKS-Williamsville-New-York-220829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NAFs

re

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Go to budhibbs.com

He is a consumer advocate who HATES debt collection agencies who break the law and holds them accountable.

His site has advice on how to deal with these parasites.

Don't roll over and take it. Fight back!

call me and i will resolve this for you

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

I am an employee of NAFS and have been for almost 2 years now. I would like to first take a moment to explain that we are a debt collection agency. We are not out there to embarrass innocent people. Our goal is to help keep interest rates down by collecting on unpaid debts. We work in a large office with almost 1000 people working there. It is expected that when you have 1000 people doing the same job a few of them are going to be bad seeds. However there is a lot you should all know...
1. We can not offer a debt management company or an attune any settlement that we cant offer you directly. We are allowed to offer a settlement based on a client aggregate regardless of who is asking for it so save your money. No need to pay a settlement company 15% of your total debts up front and a 150$ monthly fee so they can take $4,ooo of your plus over $1,000 to settle a $20,000 acct for $11,000 costing you over $16,000... we could have just given you the same deal for the $11,000. They are the real thieves preying on people who just are afraid to pick up the phone
2. We don't call people who can't pay. The only people who get calls more than once a week are people who judging from their credit reports can pay. Otherwise we wouldn't waste our time.
3.if you call us and inform us of your personal hardships we will do everything in our power to put something together that works for you... if it doesn't work for you it doesn't work for anyone.
4. I am always willing to help with anyone who is having a hard time. I am a single father who has just as much a hard time as anyone else so I can always help anyone who is willing to help themselves. If you are not happy with the treatment you are receiving than ask for extension 2501 and ask for Mr. Binder and I will gladly see to it that any rude collector so reprimanded and that you are treated with the fairness you deserve.
-Mr. Binder x2501
Ps. any of you who work in an office of more than 10 people know that there are always going to be bad eggs in every company, tell me about my bad eggs and I will help you with your debt.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Rachelle - (U.S.A.)

You're not obligated to take the phone calls. You mention old debt. How old is the debt? If it's older than 3 years then the debt is out of statute in NC for collections. IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE A PAYMENT IN THOSE 3 YEARS. If that is the case I would I would send them a cease and desist pointing out the fact that the debt is out of statute for collections, but only if you know this for sure.

If it's been less than 3 years you need to send them a debt validation letter and make them prove the debt is yours. You should be receiving their dunning letter w/i 5 days of their initial contact with you. If not, that's their first voliation, if they haven't already done so during your conversation. Keep a journal and read up on the FDCPA, so you are aware of your consumer rights.

#4 Consumer Suggestion