Complaint Review: NAN Marketing

• Updated: Sat, January 28, 2012

• Reported By: Don — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
NAN Marketing
220 E 3900 S. Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

NAN Marketing NAN Star Promised Employment in Phoenix, Arizona if I could start immediately, I quit my other job. Salt Lake City, Utah

I answered an ad in a local paper offering employment and the chance to earn $ 800.00 to $ 1,000.00 a week installing satellite tv systems for residential and commercial customers.  I have experience doing this type of work, answered the add and was contacted for an interview.

I was offered the job as installer but only if I could start immediately. I quit my present job with no notice and started, later that week, training with an installer from Utah. Training was not paid.

I trained (basically assisted in installations, since I had prior experience) for 7 days and about 60 hours. I helped this installer from Utah earn about $ 1,000.00 for his 7 days of work.

I was then told I would begin work the next Monday, training ended on Saturday.
The next Monday nobody from this company contacted me, I called the 2 numbers I was provided and left voice messages, I got no response. This continued for 10 days.. I went to the location where I met my trainer only to find no one was ever there. No one returned my calls.

Finally I was contacted by the person in charge in Arizona telling me that next week I would be getting a shipment of supplies, coax cable etc. at my home  so I could begin work.

The next week nothing arrived. I again called but got no answer. A week later the person in charge called me and told me the company had decided to not continue working in Arizona. I was left unemployed and uninformed about the status of the business. I believe that 3 weeks prior to this the employees in Arizona were told of this decision, since they both returned to Utah and continued working there.

So I quit my previous job of 2 years went almost 4 weeks without earning a dime while being strung along only to finally be told sorry we changed our minds. Needless to say this has put me in a terrible financial bind, I have had my utilities turned off and am late with my rent and now have no job and not many chances to find employment.

I find it totally unbelievable that a company would treat any body like this. I would suggest that anybody contacted by these people about their service would keep this treatment of me in mind, when telling them they are not interested in doing business with such an organization.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2012 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NAN-Marketing/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84107/NAN-Marketing-NAN-Star-Promised-Employment-in-Phoenix-Arizona-if-I-could-start-immediatel-830464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NAN Marketing