Complaint Review: NARCONON FREEDOM CENTER

809 WEST ERIE STREET ALBION, Michigan United States of America

NARCONON FREEDOM CENTER FRAUDULENT CULT ALBION, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Freedom Center Ablion, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Matt Hawk

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: yes i do

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Narconon screwed me out of ten grand.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: narconon bs

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: december 15th

*Consumer Comment: Help is available

My husband is 39 yrs old ,he has been a heroin addict for the last 20 years and was at his wits end.he finally asked his family for help so he can be a better father and husband so we searched the internet for the best treatment facility possible .we called the 800 number for a treatment facility and the first facility that responded was the narconon freedom center ..we received constant phone calls from the councelors to get him there. they made the program sound like a resort and not a detox program so we thought that it sounded like an good idea.everyday we were getting phone calls from the councelors badgering him as to when he was coming so that he could start to begin his new life without depending on his drug of choice .we had some inabitions about the place but they made it sound like this was an excellent program with a success rate of 70%..well my husband asked me what i wanted for xmas so i told him that i wanted the man that i fell in love with 25yrs ago back so he agreed to give this place a try. every phone call we had with the councelor matt seemed to very encouraging so we dedided to give it a try.

we are a struggling family who was living pay check to paycheck but i was determidormened to get him the  help he needed cause i love him with all my heart and will do ANYTHING  to help him fight these demons out of his life. so i boarded him on a flight last saturday december 15 2012.for the first 5 days he was in the detox phase and everything was going really well even though i wasnt allowed to speak with him. all correspondence were done thru the family liason who told me all the good things that i wanted to hear..on the 5th day i finally got to speak with him and he sounded cheerful and upbeat..on day 6 he sounded a liitle depressed but i thought it was just because he was homesick and was missing me and his 4 kids and grandson..today i get a phone call from hgim saying that he hates it there n wants to come home .he said he felt like he was being brainwashed. he thinks they were putting things in his food because everytime he ate something he felt really funny.he called me and tolm me that he wanted  to come home. i tried to talk him into statying and he said he felt like he was being brainwashed..

i then googled the program and found out that he was telling me the truth..after you finish then detox program thats when all the craziness starts happening.1st exercise he did was having to sit in a room and sit there for hours whie staring into someone eyes and not say anything and they also have you talking to ags of rocks(if you dont believe me just read some of the other reports)..when he told them that he was leaving they tried talking to them and they tried to hold him against his will.he told them that he was there voluntarily and not under court order and that he could leave whenever he wanted..he also had $150 in his account and they told him that he cant get his money back upon discharge. he became very upset over this and lost it on them. he was then escorted off of the property and they called the police on him.he asked the cops how to get to the nearest train/bus station and they gave him the correct directions and let him go..

so here he is 658 miles from home(we live in newark nj) and no money to get home..as he is walking to the bus station he runs across an angel sent from Heaven who has been with him since he found him walking aimlessly thru michigan.he is helping us get my heart home to his family to christmas.this just goes to prove that there are still very caring people in this world.

i want to say what a scam this program is and they should be shut down FOREVER.everything they told us about the program has been nothing but a bunch of lies. if anyone out there is looking for HELP for a loved one please stay clear away from the narconon freedom center.they are abunch of scam artist who dont have our loved ones in their best interest.they are only in it for the money.i was trying to find the right place to get my one true love the help he needs. i did learn on thing though and thats if something sounds to good to be true it probably a hoax.i am writing this who are trying to get loved ones them help they deserve PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont even consider the narconon freedom center because they dont truely care for our loved ones.they are only in it for themselves.they are truely the devil in in disquise.the only good thing about this whole experience is that he found a random stranger who is helping get my heart and soul home to me where he mbelongs .just proved that there are still good decent people in this world.we are unable to find out anyway out of albion so this complete stranger is taking time out of his life to drive my husband an hour n half out to detroit so he can catch the greyhound out tonight.i would like to thank this angel in disguise from the bottom of my heart.im gonna have a merry xmas after all..i hopoe this helps other victims to stay clear of these bunch of frauds n find the appropriate help for there loved one.im gonna stick by my man no matter what even if its the last thing that i do..merry christmas to all and have a happy new years cause i know that im going to

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2012 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NARCONON-FREEDOM-CENTER/ALBION-Michigan-49224/NARCONON-FREEDOM-CENTER-FRAUDULENT-CULT-ALBION-Michigan-986310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NARCONON FREEDOM CENTER

Freedom Center Ablion, Michigan

AUTHOR: BRP - ()

First, I want to say how sorry I am for the families who are looking for hope and help but have not yet found either.  My family, though, found both at Narcanon's Freedom Center.  From August to October of 2012, our 29-year-old son used Freedom Center as his second try at rehab.  I say we found "hope" because I don't know if we'll ever be totally sure that there won't be a relapse -- I guess that's one of the things that every family of every addict needs to know -- but the counselors in Albion were very supportive of and helpful to our son.  After reading the negative reports here and at other sites on the Internet, I deliberately asked him if he experienced any of the weird practices that people complained about and if Scientology was forced on him.  He said "NO" to both.  In fact, he was given massages when the cramping started during withdrawal, counselors walked the grounds with him in the middle of the nights when he couldn't sleep and was having anxiety attacks, and the liason agents were helpful when my husband and I called to check on our son's progress.  Did they tell us everything? No. Is the place perfect in every way? No. Did every addict in the place leave clean, happy and healthy? No.  But did we, personally, have a positive experience at Freedom Center in Albion? Yes.  Would we recommend it to other families who are looking for help? Yes.  One last thing: our insurance did cover all costs.  We insisted that Freedom Center make all the necessary calls to be sure of that.  I hope that what I've said here can help others who are trying to make a decision about Freedom Center.  Again, I'm sorry for those who did not find what they were hoping for.

Matt Hawk

AUTHOR: Narconon=Scientology - ()

Matt may be Matt Hawk. He was previously a staff member at Narconon of Georgia. The Southern accent would fit.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

yes i do

AUTHOR: blasterhawks - ()

matt henley is his name, when were you at narconon

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Narconon screwed me out of ten grand.

AUTHOR: kadadust - ()

I went to the albion center a few months ago and the guy that did my intake, Matt with the southern accent ASSURED me that my insurance was going to cover my bill 100%.  Turns out he lied to me and I'm stuck with a bill I have to pay of ten grand.  This jerk-off won't tell me his last name so I can report him to my insurance.  Would you happen to know who this guys is since you worked there???

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

narconon bs

AUTHOR: blasterhawks - (United States of America)

I was an employee around this time and dont remember a situation like this and it seems i should because i would have been the one to handle it, not saying i dont believe you because narconon is a shady place i just wish i could help you take action

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

december 15th

AUTHOR: blasterhawks - (United States of America)

I was an employee there during this time period and dont remember anyone being kicked out like that during that time and I would have known. There is alot of shady shit there trust me I know. I wish I knew your husbands name I could probably help you if you guys take action against them

Help is available

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Just look up non profit treatment centers - screw the 800 numbers they only locate you to for profit placement.  Salvation Army is a good start - God Bless and Merry Christmas!