- Report: #138691
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: NASE - National Association For The Self-Employed
NASE - National Association For The Self-EmployedP.O. Box 612067 Dallas/FtWorth Airport, Texas U.S.A.
NASE - National Association For The Self-Employed Ripoff, Slick Salesman, Deceptive Membership Costs Dallas/FtWorth Airport Texas
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: A short comment on initial rebuttal
*Consumer Comment: NASE - National Association for the Self Employed
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
After letting him explain the benefits, I ask the big question - "How much is the membership?" He says, "Only a $25 one-time application fee and $35 membership!" Sounds like a really good deal, right? So, just to be safe, I ask, "$35 per year, right?" He says, "Yes sir, that's right."
During the sign-up process, I started getting a little hustled, and signed all the papers without checking them over too carefully. Well, you've probably already figured out where this is going.
One of the things I signed must have been a draft authorization, because when I was balancing my business checking account this month, I noticed a $35 draft from "NASE" and I couldn't figure out what I might have purchased from them. Then it hits me - Mr. Nice Salesman REALLY meant $35 a month! Yes, after checking on NASE's website, sure enough, the membership package I bought was $420 a year!
NASE Corporate cancelled my membership without much hassle, so that was a plus.
In summary, here's what I want to warn people about:
1. NASE Membership has a lot of enticing benefits, but the membership fee is $420 per year. That is a lot of money for a new business to fork over during startup.
2. NASE Sales Reps are independent contractors, so they don't have the same corporate oversight that an employee would.
3. Many benefits aren't exactly what they seem, many have "small handling/shipping fees," some are difficult to use, and customer service is typically not very knowledgable about the benefits.
4. As always, give yourself plenty of time to look over all the documents you are signing!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2005 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NASE-National-Association-For-The-Self-Employed/DallasFtWorth-Airport-Texas-75261-2067/NASE-National-Association-For-The-Self-Employed-Ripoff-Slick-Salesman-Deceptive-Member-138691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.