Complaint Review: NATIONAL ACTION FINANCIAL SERVICES

• Submitted: Sat, December 09, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, December 10, 2006

• Reported By:san diego California
NATIONAL ACTION FINANCIAL SERVICES
165 LAWERENCE BELL DR. STE 100 PO BOX 9027 WILLIAMSVILLE, New York U.S.A.

NAFS - SITEL - NATIONAL ACTION FINANCIAL SERVICES repeatedly called my work verifying my employment because I disputed acct. ripoff WILLIAMSVILLE New York

*Consumer Suggestion: it is very important to be specific.

*Author of original report: help

*Consumer Suggestion: Paula, it's all in HOW you notify them.

11/28/06 I got a call from the front office at my school stating I need to call HR because I have a lawyer that has been calling over and over trying to get my ext.They had also left messages with others with my same last name,in my district's last name directory with mess. for me to call them stating that they were a lawfirm w/personal business.Directed to HR for at least a week.I called them as soon as school was over. The agent looked up my name and said I owe over$5000 to Chase. He wanted acct. # & SSN,I didn't know what acct. and I would give my info to this law firm harassing my work.

I had disputed a fake acct. and had doc.s with proof of removal I tried to explain that and said that if he gave me his fax I would go home and send proof, but right away he began to tell me he didn't care want I had.I had ignored letters and it was too late.It was my debt I should have disputed it the and he had a docket#and would file tomarrow. He kept repeating"so you refuse to pay okay I'm going to call your employer again to verify your employment".

I told him not to he had already made enough problems,he said he wouldn't stop,he said if I didn't pay 2800,he would serve me@work. I did a check and found everything told him I was recording. I needed a fax /address. He hungup. I sent CD&DV by cert. mailw/RR. I got a letter for the debt and somehow they have my home # message on machine and act like I didn't ever talk to them or send CD letter.

I don't know if they started calling my work again todays FRI. I will send another letter again.
Should I send them info with my credit letter proof. I know they won't be able to verify acct., but last time I tried to explain it was ugly.

Paula
san diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2006 06:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NATIONAL-ACTION-FINANCIAL-SERVICES/WILLIAMSVILLE-New-York-14231-9027/NAFS-SITEL-NATIONAL-ACTION-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-repeatedly-called-my-work-verifying-my-224451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NATIONAL ACTION FINANCIAL SERVICES

#1 Consumer Suggestion

it is very important to be specific.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Paulette,

I always send a cease communication that specifies to cease all contact and then name the numbers they have been calling, as many times this is how they will identify the collection account.

Send the cease communications letter right away, and be sure to send it certified/rrr and put the certified # on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records.

help

AUTHOR: Paulette - (U.S.A.)

I sent a letter telling them to stop all phone communication. Do I really have to list all numbers? First, I already sent it out. Second I can not really be sure who they have contacted.

I know of atleast 2 coworkers contact on there voice mail and the secretary at my school said I need to call them because they keep calling the district office human resource trying every thing in the book to get my extention.

My parents also had a very friendly girl call and said she was my old friend and how were they? Its been so long and shes in AZ now could they give my #. I haven't been on guard for debt collectors looking for me so my parents are old and had no reason to be suspicious.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Paula, it's all in HOW you notify them.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Paula,

First, NEVER speak to ANY debt collector on the phone. NEVER. When they call you at work, simply tell them you cannot get calls at work, and inform your job to tell them the same when they call. If they refuse to take calls, the calls will stop.

Now, send the CEASE COMMUNICATIONS letter [no such thing as a cease and desist] as per the exact verbage of the FDCPA. In this letter specify that they are not to contact you by any means for any reason ever again. Specify the home and work#'s they have been calling you at.
Do NOT sign the letter, just print.

Send this letter by certified mail, return reciept requested and be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself, and keep a copy for your records. This procedure is very important as it proves WHAT you sent.

NAFS are NOT attorneys and them stating they are is illegal. You need to go to FTC.gov and file a separate complaint for each violation of your rights under the FDCPA which you can read at that site as well.

National Action Financial Services, Inc.
165 Lawrence Bell Dr Ste 100

Head Debt Collector:
Michael W. Fletcher - CEO
Roger E. Carney - President & COO
NAFS' Parent Company is SITEL Risk Management out of Omaha, NE

These lowlife are JUNK DEBT BUYERS and most likely CHASE is no longer involved. They buy these debts for pennies or less on the dollar. Chances are you have the same or similar name to the person who owes the money. They are fishing.

You have a right to sue for the illegal collection attempt.