Complaint Review: NATIONAL COLLECTOR'S MINT

• Submitted: Sat, September 09, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 09, 2006

• Reported By:ANTELOPE California
NATIONAL COLLECTOR'S MINT
C/O FMC.32 RAILROAD AVENUE.WEST HAVEN,CT 06516 New Haven, Connecticut U.S.A.

NATIONAL COLLECTOR'S MINT, INC SOLD ME JUNK, REQUESTED IT BACK FOR A REFUND, NEVER PAID ME! West Haven Connecticut

On September 30, 2004 I ordered 4 of the Freedom Tower Silver Dollars from an ad on TV. When they arrived I was a little disappointed but figured that someday they might be valuable (I bought them for our children).

I got a letter from them dated February 17, 2006 which stated that in connection with the settlement of a class action lawsuit, they would buy them back from me if I sent them back within 45 days of the date on the letter. Which I did.

I have not been able to reach anyone there and as of today, September 9, 2006, I have not received a letter, phone call or any money from them.

If the letter was sent to me as settlement of the lawsuit, aren't they required to give my money back?

I sent them back in good faith and now not only did they rip me off when I bought the coins, they ripped me off again by not paying me for them!

That is just plain stealing!

I have my credit card statement which shows the purchase and I kept the letter they sent but I have no proof that I sent the coins back!

What do I do? I bought the coins because it touched my heart and I wanted them as a memorial for my children which they might be able use as investments in the future if they needed to.

Clara
ANTELOPE, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2006 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NATIONAL-COLLECTORS-MINT/New-Haven-Connecticut-06516/NATIONAL-COLLECTORS-MINT-INC-SOLD-ME-JUNK-REQUESTED-IT-BACK-FOR-A-REFUND-NEVER-PAID-ME-210207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NATIONAL COLLECTOR'S MINT