Complaint Review: NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE

• Submitted: Tue, January 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 27, 2009

• Reported By:FORT LAUDERDALE Florida
NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE
16120 US 19 NORTH CLEARWATER, Florida U.S.A.

NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE SENT ME AN ENTRY TO SWEEPSTAKES 2,1OO,OOO.00 JUST GIVE MY ID #TO THEM. TRIED TO SLAM ME INTO BUYING MAGAZINESTHEN TRIED TO ENROLL ME INTO USA SHOPPING CREDIT CLUB. CLEARWATER FLORIDA

This is the second series of "OFFICIAL PRIZE LISTING, PLEASE RESPOND BY.(date).." The first time I threw the envelope away. Then when I rec'd another one a month later I called the number. The woman answered congratulated me for winning 2 diamond quartz watches and for being eligible to win 2,100,000.00 Tried to make me buy magazines then flipped me to a "higher" person who tried to get me to buy magazines again. I kept saying I didnt want any so she put me through to another extension to receive a 750.00 credit card with USA SHOPPING CREDIT CLUB. While I was on hold I checked out USA sHOPPING CREDIT CLUB and found your website. I want to say I may have been tempted to go further with this phone call if I had not checked this out first. Three months ago, I was contacted by another magazine company that wanted to reward me for carrying Visa or Mastercard. They had the same selling scam. Offered free his/hers/ diamond quartz watches tried to get me to buy multiple magazines. first it was a couple magazines which I bought with my credit card. Big mistake. Next they tried to make me buy more magazines. They got too pushy so I told them I wanted to be contacted in a couple days to make my decision re: ordering at all. They charged my credit cardsdouble charges on each using the name shop essientials. After reviewing my bank statements, I was able to get the charges reversed thru my banks. I believe this company has different operating names or sells/distributes the information it receives from it's victims.

Annonymous in ft lauderdale
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NATIONAL-MAGAZINE-EXCHANGE/CLEARWATER-Florida-33764/NATIONAL-MAGAZINE-EXCHANGE-SENT-ME-AN-ENTRY-TO-SWEEPSTAKES-21OOOOO00-JUST-GIVE-MY-ID-T-416890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE