Complaint Review: NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE

• Updated: Sun, July 19, 2009

• Reported By:OAK ISLAND North Carolina
NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE
DENVER, Colorado U.S.A.

NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE CHARGED MY CARD. I CANC MAGAZINES AND THEY KEPT BILLING MY CARD I HAD TO CUT OFF THE CARD AND NO THEY CALL ME UP TO 4 TIMES A DAY AND HARRASSE ME AND KEEP SENDING MAGAZINES THAT I NEVER ORDERED DENVER Colorado

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I don't want magazines or travel clubs or any of the NME junk.

*UPDATE Employee: With the Utmost Respect...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Try this. This predatory scum is getting more agressive. Sadly some clown called Flfunnyboy defends these jerks.

Public beWare. This company called me over the phone and I fell for it gave them my card number and they charged my card. i then decided after starting receiving there trash magazines that NONE of them Were What I ordered and I then called them up and Was put on hold cut off lied to and told I ordered them and one thingafter another. i ask to cancal this order and they cut me off. i had to cancal my card they kept charging my card not 4 payments but each month of sixty eight plus dollars. i cut the card off. No I receive at least 4 calls per day and still receive the magazines I am White have lot's of black friends and neighbors noW I receive all black magazines and even lesbian magazines. I keep telling them not to call me and all they say is your still receiving the magazines. I am a White male and have my sisters 3 kids in my home and am receiving lesbian magazines from this company. they need to be closed doWn. PLEASE HELP IN NC OAK ISLAND
While sending this report I just received another call from them from a number that is all 0000000 on my caller ID.

KIRK

Harrassedbythem
OAK ISLAND, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2009 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NATIONAL-MAGAZINE-EXCHANGE/DENVER-Colorado/NATIONAL-MAGAZINE-EXCHANGE-CHARGED-MY-CARD-I-CANC-MAGAZINES-AND-THEY-KEPT-BILLING-MY-CARD-461033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I don't want magazines or travel clubs or any of the NME junk.

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I don't want magazines
or travel clubs
or million dollar vitamins like vemma
or whole life insurance
or expensive chemlawn
or expensive orkin
or more diamonds for the woman
or monthly termite treatments
or a shamwow
or a miracle mop
or fancy huricane windows when the house is gonna blow down
or OH did I mention I DON'T WANT MORE MAGAZINES
BUT I would like to win the sweepsteaks

We do not have any affiliation with lesbian magazines. That's the first lie.

You were not charged more than 4 times, 68 "plus dollars" the rate is 4 monthly payments of 67.08 each. That's 1.29 per week for 4 years. So in 4 months, you pay off 4 years of service. We don't magically have your credit card in our minds.

You give this to us and agree to the terms. I can pull 200 random recordings right now of people mindlessly agreeing to being bill that much money just like you Kirk.

Whenever a person quickly and readily agrees to that much money, I make sure I repeat myself once more to make sure they know the cost. Some people will ask me to repeat it so they can right it down so they know for sure the cost is 4 monthly payments of 67.08 so not everyone has a problem with it. More often than not, people say, "That's sounds fair."

We do not deserve to be on a rip off report. If an employee lied to you or did not inform you that you would be getting the magazines, you call and complain to their supervisor. Not try to take down the entire company.

I also let you guys know 3 times that you reserve the right to change all of your magazines to something else. You don't have to get more than 2 magazines if you don't want them but when we offer them to you, it would probably be best for the both of us to just so no thank you, I'll stick with the 2 I picked out.

We, like the tech guys at Best Buy are there to get you to buy something you're already interested in or else you wouldn't have given your credit card to us. We are there to make the deal as sweet as possible and offering extra magazines is great for most people I talk to.

I'm curious though, what is so bad about "black magazines" I've included a few black magazines for people who I knew were white for the simple reason of allowing them (still reminding them that they can change them if they don't like them) of what's going on in the black community. Black Enterprise features a number of excellent black CEOs, Entrepreneurs, and leaders around the world. Why would that be such a turn off for you? I'm just asking. You mentioned black magazines almost 100 times in the complaint after saying you have black friends. Give it to them as a gift... after all, according to you, you agreed to pay for the first 2 or 3 you picked out.

You can just as easily ask your friends if they would like the remainder of your subscription since it's already paid for. And you can call customer service and tell them to gift the remainder of your subscription to your friends name and address. Period.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Folks this really works for a cancelation and refund. The economy is very bad and you worked hard for what little money you have so don't let these magazine sales people take it from you.

Call customer retention and do the following. (call 800-301-6247 or 800-325-3155 or 727-524-3600 or 727-535-0205). If you get someone who isn't helping HANG UP and call again.

The following data came from an employee in the customer retention dept.

We have rules. When someone threatens to call their credit card company and reverse the charge, and call the Better Business Bureau, and the Attorney General, and their lawyer, and the AUDIT BUREAU OF CIRCULATION, we CAN NOT try and 'save' the account we have to go straight to canceling the account with a full refund. If someone does make a threat and we don't cancel the account we'll get in trouble.

'I'm an employee of the national magazine exchange, I work in the Customer Service department actually called Customer RETENTION because our job is to get customers not to cancel. We get commission based on 'cancel requests' saved. We are scripted and have certain offers we have to make. First we try and spread the payments out then give them 4 years for the price of 3....and so on.

For people turned into a collection agency tell them you cancelled or that you want to cancel. NME uses collection agencies as a bluff but hasn't turned people over to the credit rating bureaus because they do not want the law after them. Try calling back and demanding a refund. That will work and they will leave you alone. If a collection agency calls tell them you cancelled and they will close your account. BE FIRM. In 20 years NME has never reported people to the credit rating bureaus

Also if you waited too long to cancel the first year you can still cancel years 2, 3, and 4. NME DOES NOT pay for those years until the year begins. They can cancel any later year that has not started and if the phone rep says otherwise they are lying.