Complaint Review: NATIONAL MOVING AND STORAGE

• Reported By: Ann Marie — Syracuse New York United States of America
NATIONAL MOVING AND STORAGE
TARZANA, California United States of America

NATIONAL MOVING AND STORAGE STOLE MY HOUSEHOLD GOODS TARZANA, California

I got National Moving and Storage through Beckens Moving whom I hired to move me and they hired National.  Well they were suppose to come move my stuff on 31 July 2012.  They called said they had truck problems would be there the next morning first thing.  I said okay, no problem.  That day 01August 2012 they didn't show up till nearly 3pm and I had something important to do.  The guy was rude and almost didn't come to pick my goods up, like he was doing ME a favor.  After all that they wanted to charge me 125 dollars to make a "crate" around my TV.

I said forget that I will bring my tv in my car.  I am moving from San Diego to Syracuse, NY.  I paid the percentage due and told the movers that I want my stuff delivered on 20August 2012.  That was the earliest date I had them write down.  I got to Syracuse, NY on 18August2012 and immediately began calling trying to figure out where my belongings were.  It was not until I threaten to file a police report I finally got a response from the company on 22August2012.  The guy claimed they were trying to contact me. That is bull because I have my phone records not once did they call and not once did they leave an email. They told me that my things would leave tomorrow.

It is now 20October2012 and I still not have received my things.  I have called repetitively left messages after message after email after email. NOTHING. no calls back to responses.  I have filed a report with the Attorney General and the DOT. DOT said I need to send in a loss claim.  I did that this past week.  I claimed everything over 12,000 dollars worth of items.  I am going to have to sue them.  I just want my things and I refuse after all this time to pay another dime.  This company is a scam and a joke.  They stole my household goods.  I am calling their insurance company on Monday and hiring a lawyer because they have 30 days to settle my loss claim and after that I will have to sue.  So irritating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2012 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NATIONAL-MOVING-AND-STORAGE/TARZANA-California-/NATIONAL-MOVING-AND-STORAGE-STOLE-MY-HOUSEHOLD-GOODS-TARZANA-California-957742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NATIONAL MOVING AND STORAGE