Complaint Review: NATIONWIDE VOICE MESSAGING

• Updated: Tue, January 20, 2009

• Reported By:Beloit Wisconsin
NATIONWIDE VOICE MESSAGING
nwvmessaging.com Internet U.S.A.

NATIONWIDE VOICE MESSAGING without my consent $27.89 charge appeared on my phone bill. I have never even heard of this "service" and did not order it. Internet

WITHOUT my consent these charges ($27.89) have been added to my phone bill. I have never even heard of this service and did NOT order it. I have called the number listed on my bill (8007754610). All I got was a voicemail - big surprise - and I left a message demanding my name and information be removed from their database. From a web search I see this FRADULENT activity has happened to many MANY people and am wondering why AT&T is allowing this to happen. You can't tell me the phone companies aren't aware of this scam. Why aren't they doing anything from their end to stop this???! Or at the very least why don't they contact their customer (MYSELF in this case) to confirm these are indeed actual services that were ordered before billing them? I am highly considering switching phone carriers or just getting rid of my home phone all together and using only my cell. I will no longer give my home phone number out online EVER again. It is sad what this country is coming to when you have to aggressively watch your bank, your credit cards and now YOUR PHONE BILL for false charges. Then after they occur you have to deal with the frustration and hassle of getting it credited. This is beyond ridiculous!

Debbie
Beloit, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2009 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NATIONWIDE-VOICE-MESSAGING/internet/NATIONWIDE-VOICE-MESSAGING-without-my-consent-2789-charge-appeared-on-my-phone-bill-I-h-414216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NATIONWIDE VOICE MESSAGING