Complaint Review: NAU / National American University: MN

• Reported By: MikeLK — St. Paul Minnesota United States of America
NAU / National American University: MN

NAU / National American University: MN Possible Class Action Lawsuit Internet

*Consumer Comment: Ex-NAU Student

*Consumer Comment: More info?

*Author of original report: UPDATE!!! :)

NAU financial advisors have failed in their proffessional responsibility to warn MANY students of situations that will (not could, but will) nip furthering their education in the budd, and cause obvious hardships.  They have faced these situations too often to continue hiding facts and directing students to their educational demise.

Many of these situations have been caused to go through so much stress, in which could have been avoided, that even divorce and suicide contimplation (maybe suicide itself, research is being done) has been an outcome from the the financial sting and embarressment their irresponsible practices have caused.

I am gathering many together for a possible class action lawsuit, if you have been vicimized, and are interested, please contact me at: michael.kleid@mac.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2010 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NAU-National-American-University-MN/internet/NAU-National-American-University-MN-Possible-Class-Action-Lawsuit-Internet-648793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NAU / National American University: MN

Ex-NAU Student

AUTHOR: David Mooney - (USA)

I'm not afraid to use my full name here, especially if NAU wants to try contacting me again.  In the spring semester of 2011, I took a few online classes with NAU.  They were quite easy and I got a 4.0 in all classes.  After that spring semester, I was actually was looking for something more challenging, however, I told them I needed time to think about attending future classes with them during the summer so I decided I wouldn't take any classes during that time.  The fact that NAU signed me up for summer classes without my consent and took out loans without my permission really floored me.  At the time I didn't know if I could do anything to remedy the situation, so I just quit school all together.  If I could sue them, what grounds do I have to get my money back to repay my loans?  I felt partly responsible, however, I also felt cheated.  Now I have over $3,500 in student loans which isn't doing much to improve my credit rating.  Never again will I attend an online university unless it's regionally accredited, and this school is nationally accredited- HUGE difference!  My education on this experience- never trust an online university like this ever again- they were crooked for what they did to me and they seem to only want my money.  Well, I guess you live and learn, right?  If you really want an easy and expensive school with none-transferable credits, this is the school for you.  I'm not interested in perusing action against them, so good luck with your class action suit; hope NAU gets what they deserve if they did cause such hardships!

More info?

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Can you please describe exactly how you were ripped off?  In almost every case I've read on ROR, the problems with financial aid are a direct result of the student not understanding the process. Yes, the counselors SHOULD explain it clearly but they don't. Ultimately, it is up to the student to make sure s/he understands the financial aspects of pursuing their education. his applies to a lot of online schools, not just NAU.

As for the emotional impact on students, there are many avenues they can pursue if they find themselves with a student loan debt. The Department of Education offers valuable advice to these students on how to work with the lender to pay back a loan that THEY signed for.

UPDATE!!! :)

AUTHOR: MikeLK - (United States of America)

I just would like to say that I have only received letters of intrest from several people so far, but it has only been 1/2 a day since my post.
One person showing interest in complaining claims to be an ex-professor in which that validity of his past position with NAU will be validated, but what a great help he would be if he comes through.
Please keep your hopes up, I feel for all who contacted me.  I am 6'2, 240 pounds of man, but the last story I heard almost had me in tears, please be strong people...there is hope.
I can't believe nobody had done this in the past for all of the complaints I have read so far but one are "pre" my 1st announcement.
I have already taken digital photographs of my MAC's computer screen, of these complaints, in case for some reasons these sites are disbanned.
Please, keep the e-mails coming in, but more importantly, don't let your situations get the best of you, please contact family and/or friends for moral support.
My contact e-mail address is: (((Redacted)))