Complaint Review: NBR

• Reported By:Saint Marys West Virginia
NBR
Anaheim, California U.S.A.

NBR Criminal Justice Scam Anaheim California

I receieved a call from the number 941-961-8518 from a foriegn sounding man. I did not answer the call, so they left me a voicemail, which I still have saved to my phone. In this voicemail they told me it was important that I returned their call or I would go to jail. The call back number they gave me was 714-598-4240.

I had a feeling it was a scam, but I called the number back. They tried to tell me I had committed some sort of crime and that I would be put behind bars. They were trying to get me to give them my personal information such as my social security number and such.

They never said where they were located, but I did a reverse phone number search on the number 941-961-8518 and it said it was located in Sarasota, Florida and the number 714-598-4240, the one they told me to call back, is located in Anaheim, California.

After arguing with this foreign man, he hung up on me. I do still have the voicemail saved to my phone, along with the number they tried to call me with. When you dial the 941-961-8518 number, it says it has been disconnected, but the 714-598-4240 number you can get an answer at. However, I never did get an address for this company.

Jonathan
Saint Marys, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NBR/Anaheim-California/NBR-Criminal-Justice-Scam-Anaheim-California-474593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NBR