Complaint Review: NCA Financial (National Credit Acceptance Financial)

• Submitted: Sun, October 28, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, October 28, 2007

• Reported By:Los Gatos California
NCA Financial (National Credit Acceptance Financial)
1731 Howe Avenue, #254 Sacramento, California U.S.A.

NCA Financial (National Credit Acceptance Financial) "We Don't Do That, Sir" Sacramento California

*Consumer Comment: Baffled.

6 years ago I purchased a condo. Circuit City had TV's for sale. No Payments for 12 months. I left with my new TV and a new Credit Card with a large available credit limit.

I paid off the t.v. on time. Had a roomate, who bailed on me. Long story short, had to borrow cash from the card to make a few mortgage payments. I knew I was asking for trouble by doing this, but hindsight is 20/20.

Card defaulted. I recieved "Official" looking documents from NCA. I had no money, let alone a lawyer to look at the mountain of paperwork. Calls non-stop.

I sold the condo. My original balance on the card was $9000. I made contact with NCA to arrange payment. They were not friendly or appathetic. I was told that I now owe $13,000. Legal fee's, etc. I made 2 payments of $5000. I then went on a $100 per month auto-withdrawl for 6 months. I called them and requested a summary of account because the only record I have for any of these transactions was my bank statement. I was told "We Don't Do That". Someone got on the phone and "yelled" at me, used profanity, so I cut off all payments.

I still get calls from them daily. My bank told me (off the record) that I overpaid, and a lawyer would have gotten them to settle for much less.

Tommy-the-cat
Los Gatos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2007 03:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCA-Financial-National-Credit-Acceptance-Financial/Sacramento-California/NCA-Financial-National-Credit-Acceptance-Financial-We-Dont-Do-That-Sir-Sacramento-C-281377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCA Financial (National Credit Acceptance Financial)

Baffled.

AUTHOR: Bart - (U.S.A.)

"I'm at a total loss. My credit has been affected for years by this one bad mistake."

So your complaint is really about yourself? I'm certainly not going to jump on the NCA bandwagon as I hate collectors but you ruined your credit well before any collections were attempted. I don't believe a lawyer would have gotten you a lesser amount either. Your debt would have just been sold to another company. It sucks that this is the way these companies act. I'm sure someone will be able to offer some advice on how you may be able to get an account record.