Complaint Review: NCA Financial - National Credit Acceptance

• Submitted: Sat, September 15, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2007

• Reported By:Warwick New York
NCA Financial - National Credit Acceptance
9738 Lincoln Villiage Dr Sacramento, California U.S.A.

NCA Financial - National Credit Acceptance Deceptive practices to extort money on a credit card debt Sacramento California

I was contacted by a representative of NCA Financial in Sept. 2007 about a credit card debt they purchased from Chase. The account was opened by my ex-wife and I, but she retained control of the account. She had defaluted on payment and they were unable to get money from her. So they contacted me, since my name was on the original application for a joint account, and threatened to garnish my wages if I did not pay them (almost $8000).

In the first message I received, the representative did not identify the company, the situation, or reference a case number, but advised that I or my lawyer call the phone number. In other conversations with this representative, he dropped comments about personal and business information, so they obviously search the web and may have other resources to find out about you.

Yet to this date they have not provided proof or sent me documents to show I am responsible for this debt. Representatives from Chase say I am not listed on the account in their records and Experion has removed this account from my credit report for the same reason.

I get the feeling that they are trying to extort money from me by intimidation and coercion, and they can be very persuasive, especially when they start dropping legal terms and threatening legal action. I have contacted the California State Attorney General and the Sacramento Better Business Bureau about these unscrupilous business practices. I don't know how this will end, but I can't give up without a fight.

Good luck to anyone else who has these vampires on your trail!

Russ in new york
Warwick, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2007 05:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCA-Financial-National-Credit-Acceptance/Sacramento-California-95827/NCA-Financial-National-Credit-Acceptance-Deceptive-practices-to-extort-money-on-a-credit-274640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCA Financial - National Credit Acceptance

oclock