Complaint Review: NCC Business Services

• Submitted: Sun, March 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 01, 2009

• Reported By:Lewisville Texas
NCC Business Services
3722 University Blvd Suite 300 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

NCC Business Services Unprofessional Collection Practices Jacksonville Florida

Unprofessional Practices

My son has been harassed consistently by this collection agency for rent accrued by his roommates after he has moved. Unfortunately, the lease was in his name.

Efforts to get this Collection services to verify the sum of the default went unanswered.

During the Christmas Holidays (12/29/08), I talked with the person responsible for my son's account to arrange a payment plan. I was told they did not do payment plans and would only accept the full amount owed.

After we concluded the call, Mr. Gary Harvey called back to talk settlement. We agreed on an amount, $2000 of which I could put on a credit card that day and make the remainder in 2 installments. Mr. Harvey agreed to send me a letter by snail mail detailing what we had agreed upon.

As of this writing, I have not received any such mail. I became very curious at this lack of follow-up.

The next time I spoke with the account manager (01/09), I reminded him of this arrangement with Mr. Harvey. He put Mr. Harvey on the phone. Again I asked for something in writing regarding our agreement and agreed that an email would work. I gave him my email address and this time I was promised an email within the hour.

As of this writing I have received not one email. I am wondering now at this reluctance to put anuthing in writing.

I called the NCC Business on Friday 2/20/09. I got the person handling my account. At this point the young man was very rude. I asked to speak with Mr. Harvey and was told that Mr. Harvey was not picking up. At first he asked me to give him my email address again. Before I could respond, he replied that any settlement was now Off the Table and that I needed to remit the payment in full. I reponded that I would do not such thing and inquired into the reluctance for mail. He became almost hostile and told me that he was making a notation in my son's file that we were refusing to pay and then proceeded to hang up on me.

This sent many questions ... no putting the settlement in writing, hanging up one me ... it was almost as if they did not want to work out a payment, hence this report.

Anonymous
Lewisville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2009 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCC-Business-Services/Jacksonville-Florida-32217/NCC-Business-Services-Unprofessional-Collection-Practices-Jacksonville-Florida-429656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCC Business Services