Complaint Review: NCC COMMONWEALTH FINANCIAL SYSTEMS/ Cingular/ AT&T wireless

• Submitted: Sun, February 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 08, 2009

• Reported By:JEANNETTE Pennsylvania
120 N KEYSER AVENUE, SCRANTON, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

I received a letter dated February 2, 2009 in regards to an account in collections from Cingular/AT & T wireless. First of all the name on the account was my maiden name and I have not used that name since 1997. That would make this account be outdated they can on stay on your credit report a maximum of 10 years. Second of all I have not even had an account with Cingular, I had an account with Worldcom wireless, which then turned to AT& T wireless which had bad service so I canceled the account.

To my knowledge, the account was closed and had no past due balance. This company NCC is claiming that I owe $582.29 for what I don't know. If in fact I did owe this amount don't you think the actual company Worldcom or AT&T would have tried to collect on it far before now?

Please review your records, I refuse to pay for something that I don't have or is no longer in use. Furthermore, as I said this information should not even be on a credit report being that it is past the statute of limitations or both seven and ten years. I'm surprised that a company would go to such extremes to collect money that is not owed to them. I believe it is just a money making scheme to get money from unsuspecting persons. Trust me not this time, I have a lawyer and am not afraid to use them if necessary.

Please advise me of your decision on the matter.

JEANNETTE, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2009 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCC-COMMONWEALTH-FINANCIAL-SYSTEMS-Cingular-ATT-wireless/SCRANTON-Pennsylvania-18504-9701/NCC-COMMONWEALTH-FINANCIAL-SYSTEMS-Cingular-ATT-wireless-DEBT-COLLECTION-OF-OUTDATED-CL-421776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCC COMMONWEALTH FINANCIAL SYSTEMS/ Cingular/ AT&T wireless