Complaint Review: NCIC Operator Services

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 24, 2007

• Reported By:Boise Idaho
NCIC Operator Services
PO Box 551 Longview, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 903-757-4455
  • Web:
  • Category: Airports

NCIC Operator Services STAY AWAY FROM PAYPHONES SERVICED BY NCIC RIPOFF Longview Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sorry, but it's virtually impossible to give you a credit on your credit card without giving the card number.

Lost my cellphone at the airport, so I had to use the NCIC-serviced pay phone. I attempted to make a direct credit card call that did not go through. I tried to make a collect call, but there was no answer. Finally I got a credit card call to go through and talked to my son for about 40 seconds.

Today I checked my online bank statement and saw three charges, one for fifteen dollars and the other two for just under twelve dollars. I called NCIC's customer service line and couldn't get any help without revealing my credit card number, something I was not willing to do. The CSR told me I would have to call my bank, which I have done and they are investigating for me.

I have also contacted the airport make certain they know about this.

Even if NCIC thinks it should cost $12 for a 40-second call, they should not have charged me for the calls that did not connect. It's hard to believe an airport would knowlingly contract with this sort of RIPOFF business for in-terminal phone service, but I guess they've already got enough problems.

Heidelberger
Boise, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCIC-Operator-Services/Longview-Texas-75606/NCIC-Operator-Services-STAY-AWAY-FROM-PAYPHONES-SERVICED-BY-NCIC-RIPOFF-Longview-Texas-263509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCIC Operator Services

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

The $15 charge was just a validation charge and is removed automatically by the bank when the actual call charge is received.

I emphasize that the policy of our customer service representatives is to satisfy the customer. Not knowing the actual talk time or any of the specifics, I cannot address if the call actually cost $12. Please call our customer service back at 1-800-382-2887 for resolution. Thank you.