Complaint Review: NCIC - Zero Plus Dialing

• Submitted: Sat, February 05, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, October 27, 2006

• Reported By:philadelphia Pennsylvania
NCIC - Zero Plus Dialing
NCIC P.O. Box 555 Longview, Texas U.S.A.

NCIC - Zero Plus Dialing Dishonest, fraudulent charges. Billing me for many minutes in collect calls never received or accepted ripoff Longview Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NCIC aims to resolve every inquiry to our customer service department

I received a phone bill from my telephone company charging me for long distance collect calls that I knew nothing about. According to the bill, some of the calls were made for up to 6 minutes at a time and supposely accepted on days when I was not even in this state.

I owned an answering machine.When I came home and checked my answering machine I noticed that there were calls from operators asking for someone to answer/pick up the phone, BUT NO ONE was here to pick up the phone.

I did not pay much attention because I never thought that the company that was trying to get through will be charging for such attempts. But, what a sorprise when I received my bill!!!

I immediately called NCIC who promply followed to offer me a discount. That was very offensive, how do they dare to offer a discount for calls that were never accepted/received?

I wanted to dispute the charges so they gave me a P.O. box in Longview, Texas. I asked for an e-mail address and they gave me: Management@ncic.com. When I tried to contact them, there were no such e-mail address. I will keep trying to contact them and certainly hope that this is resolved and never happen to anybody else.

Irma
philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2005 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCIC-Zero-Plus-Dialing/Longview-Texas-75601/NCIC-Zero-Plus-Dialing-Dishonest-fraudulent-charges-Billing-me-for-many-minutes-in-co-130271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCIC - Zero Plus Dialing

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NCIC aims to resolve every inquiry to our customer service department

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

Irma,

I read your response. We handle over 2 million calls per month and on occasion we may have a system glitch, but I have never heard that we completed calls to an answering machine. We do maintain recordings of our live operators and can easily verify if someone accepted the call at our home.

I also verified that our management@ncic.com is up and working.

I hope your letter to our P.O. Box was responded to and that your situation was resolved. If not, please contact us at info@ncic.com and we can further handle our dispute.

Thank you.